aberdeen-music

sat 8th april - FUDGENIGHT73 - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Ghost Of Fudge

well look what i found -

here's a review of mind gone blinds ep, taken from mad dave sidca's INSECT ROCK site: http://www.livingtonerecordings.com/insectrockII.htm

Mind Gone Blind - World of Lies cdr

For me this is really refreshing, I’m used to bands in Aberdeen being pretty well pigeon-holed into irritating student genres, you know the kind of thing I mean, band starts really quick have two practices, sort website and announce that they are just exactly like whatever is popular right now. That’s Aberdeen though. This lot are from Keith, and that means they are not student twits. For an ep this packs in a lot of good gear, and I have no hesitation in saying this is ROCK, with no fucking about.

Opening track “unknown” is worth the money alone, a massive hooky monster with huge epic slabs of guitar and the kind of nagging cant get out of your head melody that deserves heavy national radio airplay. The rest of the cd is equally good, tipping a hat to the likes of screaming trees, metallica, soundgarden and stone temple pilots. MGB have a distinctive sound of their own though, singer Gary Moyes reminds me a little of Scott Wieland from stone temple pilots but what the hell is wrong with that? As long as he sticks to whisky and doesn’t start getting busted for drugs in a pathetic attention seeking manner then he’ll be fine. Its songs that count and this is rammed with quality. Boss stuff. Buy it.

www.mindgoneblind.com

www.myspace.com/mindgoneblind

Guest Mr Blastcap

i consider Mind Gone Blind one of the best bands in scotland that have sent me a cd.

wait till you read the deadloss review, i've used every rude word i know- its a towering piece of scribble.

16 AGAIN HAVE A WEBSITE - it'll tell you everything you need to know about their musical enterprise, and here's where to find it in all it's punky glory:

www.16again.co.uk

they are a 'punk tribute band' and they play songs from the 1st wave of punk.

the likes of THE SEX PISTOLS, CLASH, RAMONES, HEARTBREAKERS, DAMNED, RUTS, BUZZCOCKS, you get the picture.....

it'll be a hoot. i'd pay a couple of bucks to watch Biz terrorize his cowering drumkit anytime :)

It was great,I'm still reeling from shock and trying to get Kris Akabusi and Cheryl Baker doon to get a polaroid of Flashes nutsack,he wouldn't win prizes for his pizzle, but GOSH ,I aint seen anything like that since I last bought a bag of tangerines,look out Guiness book of records,I think we have a new category on the horizon,HA Haar, another fine night O Rum Sodomy and the Lash at The Moorings.

I can't remember much as it was my monthly piss up night and I was v.drunk... but can recall being very impressed with Ming Gone Blind. Not at all what I was expecting, I thought they'd be a metal band, instead they turned out to be very classy AOR. The singer had a great voice.

Can also recall (but only just) that Samuri Fury were really good, and much better than I remembered them. And this was despite the multitude of gremlins that plagued the night messing with their bass guitar.

By the time 16 Again started playing I was at the flashing my nuts stage, so things get a little hazy. All I can recall is that they had a new bassist and a 2nd guitarist then everything went black. Oops.