aberdeen-music

Graphics Cards

Untitled

As Neil mentioned already, you need to find out if your motherboard supports PCI-E or just AGP.

If your system is more than 6 months or so old, chances are its only going to support AGP - You can get AGP versions of the GeForce 7800 for about £180ish which will run anything out there at the moment and keep you going for quite awhile

As Neil mentioned already' date=' you need to find out if your motherboard supports PCI-E or just AGP.

If your system is more than 6 months or so old, chances are its only going to support AGP - You can get AGP versions of the GeForce 7800 for about 180ish which will run anything out there at the moment and keep you going for quite awhile[/quote']

its just a lonely AGP

and my budget is around 120

Also need to know the power available from your PSU. Friend of mine got a NVidia 6600GT to last him a little while. He had to get a PSU as well as his current PSU couldn't handle the extra juice required to run the more powerfull card. Luckily he thought this might be the case and had a PSU ready.

I would say the nvidia 6600GT is a good card and is available on AGP x8...xpertvision make one you can pick up for £110 I think. Lots of band for your buck on an older AGP machine.