aberdeen-music

been convicted of speeding by a NESCAMP van?

beeker

When asked if drivers caught speeding by Nescamp's yellow-line vans would have their convictions quashed' date=' Ms Milne said: "No, not at all."[/i']

Or not. Where the van parked won't alter the speed you were travelling at.

No but it will alter the leagity of it all, say you were caught speeding by a single traffic cop with a speed gun, you could contest it and would probably get away with speeding if said officer had:

a) no other officer to back up the results

b) you could prove that the speed gun was improperly calibrated (easier done then you think)

c) said officer was not in full uniform (you cannot be convicted of a crime if the officer imposing the fine/arresting you isn't wearing his hat or any other part of his uniform).

So just because a councillor says the fine won't be quashed doesn't mean that you couldn't contest it in court. Hell if the bloody Hamiltons can get away with it why can't we?

No but it will alter the leagity of it all' date=' say you were caught speeding by a single traffic cop with a speed gun, you could contest it and would probably get away with speeding if said officer had:

a) no other officer to back up the results

b) you could prove that the speed gun was improperly calibrated (easier done then you think)

c) said officer was not in full uniform (you cannot be convicted of a crime if the officer imposing the fine/arresting you isn't wearing his hat or any other part of his uniform).

So just because a councillor says the fine won't be quashed doesn't mean that you couldn't contest it in court. Hell if the bloody Hamiltons can get away with it why can't we?[/quote']

Or you could just not break the speed limit.....thats the better option in the long term.

Guest bluesxman

These fines are sent in the post so how are you to know they were on a double yellow line and the officer was alone and wearing a uniform? Unless you realised you were caught and went back to check all these things out of course!

I got a speeding ticket last year, 51 in a 40 up past the Shell garage leaving Altens, I had just changed cars and although they had the plate correct on the fine notification, they had my old car type listed as it obviously hadn't got through the system yet - I just said sorry I no longer own that car and heard no more....

These fines are sent in the post so how are you to know they were on a double yellow line and the officer was alone and wearing a uniform? Unless you realised you were caught and went back to check all these things out of course!

I got a speeding ticket last year' date=' 51 in a 40 up past the Shell garage leaving Altens, I had just changed cars and although they had the plate correct on the fine notification, they had my old car type listed as it obviously hadn't got through the system yet - I just said sorry I no longer own that car and heard no more....[/quote']

They had your current reg plate attached to your old car? if its not a private plate I dont get that one....

Guest bluesxman
They had your current reg plate attached to your old car? if its not a private plate I dont get that one....

Sorry, yes, it's a private plate that had been transferred to my new car but in the DVLC systems it was obviously still linked to my old car, paperwork not having been through the system yet...luckily for me. That stretch of road is too easy to build up speed on...

I find that hard to believe. For example, is an officer going to worry about his hat when chasing someone?

And of course, it'd be your word against his as to the state of the uniform.

Guest bluesxman
Isnt that the case on any strech of road? The car will only go as fast as you make it' date=' accept when you drive off a cliff then gravity takes over....[/quote']

I learned something today.

Not always some types are given on the spot.

I find that hard to believe. For example' date=' is an officer going to worry about his hat when chasing someone?

And of course, it'd be your word against his as to the state of the uniform.[/quote']

When the officer is chasing someone, they are not shouting out their rights are they? usually officers will have their hats in their hands when chasing and when caught, they will put the hat on before reading the rights.

Not always some types are given on the spot.

When the officer is chasing someone' date=' they are not shouting out their rights are they? usually officers will have their hats in their hands when chasing and when caught, they will put the hat on before reading the rights.[/quote']

yup i thought this was true aswell

Guest bluesxman
Not always some types are given on the spot..

How does a speeding fine from the van get given on the spot? Does it suddenly take off in hot pursuit Roscoe P. Coltrane style? That may be the case for police cars operating a gun but these vans are usually stationary and basically acting as per a static camera.

i love the calibrated excuse. cause if you know what they have to do at the start of each day - its soo long and if i was a police officer id never be assed to do it

and i also love their stupidty of the hat thing. there used to be an officer dude quite high up that was obssessed with people wearing their ahts and the only time they could take it off was to drive.

and another thing. if you get a fine through the psot - ignore it :-) chances are nothing will happen