aberdeen-music

Another GIG?

Chi 666

yo stu, do you have to rumble about everything?

you dont like E106 we know that.

you hate everything about us, we understand that.

you keep minceing testicles (italian expression so STFU allready) we disagree.

you still dont understand that we dont want you here that is just shear stupidity from your part. or you are more sad than everyone in aberdeen put togather and get a kick from causing greef or anegative reaction in people.

so do me a favor follow this very simple logic process

you no lke E106?

this be E106 forum?

1+1= no post on E106 forum BECAUSE you no like E106

got it or do you need a map ?

thanks for the cooperation

now please step away rom the forum.

:up: thanks

yo stu' date=' do you have to rumble about everything?

you dont like E106 we know that.

you hate everything about us, we understand that.

you keep minceing testicles (italian expression so STFU allready) we disagree.

you still dont understand that we dont want you here that is just shear stupidity from your part. or you are more sad than everyone in aberdeen put togather and get a kick from causing greef or anegative reaction in people.

so do me a favor follow this very simple logic process

you no lke E106?

this be E106 forum?

1+1= no post on E106 forum BECAUSE you no like E106

got it or do you need a map ?

thanks for the cooperation

now please step away rom the forum.

:up: thanks[/quote']

Maybe if you explain it in Italian, he will understand?

?????

?????

You will be sorry you asked!

OK here goes... you need:

1) No flash (the camera that is - I can stay LOL), otherwise you wash out all the colour.

2) A digital SLR, that's the digital equivalent of a 35mm camera, with automatic focus and automatic matrix metering.

3) The white balance on the camera must be set to 'tungsten' mode.

4) The exposure set to 'vivid' and 'sharp'. This part is optional.

5) ISO set to approx 2400 or the equivalent which is ISO 1600 + 1/2 a click.

6) The camera set to continuous focus (you're shooting at a moving target), and continuous shooting, so that you can take several shots at once.

7) A 'fast lens' - this is the expensive part because you need a f2.8 aperature.

8) A very big and fast memory card.

9) Photoshop.

Now for the problems...

Shooting in a dimly lit place means you want to get as much light in as possible. Problem is that your shooting a fast moving target (the musicians and dancers) so you need to get the light in as quickly as possible or everyone will move and blur... So to get around this you set the aperature as low (open as wide) as possible. Unfortunately this in turn narrows the depth of field, meaning that only things at a similar distance to the point of focus appear to be in focus. For instance if you focus on someone's nose at f2.8 then their ears will be blurry... and if they move their head a little... ooops...

...which is why you need to set for continuous shooting. By firing off umpteen shots at once your will probably get a good in-focus shot sooner or later. Entirely by accident. So basically you point the camera at the action and keep the button held down! I probably took at least 100 photos just to get those 5!

Those pictures were also taken with 2 different lenses, one of them is a fisheye is an ultra wide angle. This makes everything look curved like in photos 1 & 4. In photo 4 my lense would have been about level with Hogs errection. You have to get really close up!

In future this will all be a little easier because we have ordered up some additions to the lighting rig that will illuminate the stage much better, perhaps enabling the use of a narrower aperature, which will help keep everything in focus.

Are you sorry you asked yet?

But in short - yes any idiot with a computer, the right camera and lens, and a lot of patience, can take shots like that... and in this case any idiot did! The stuff the professional guys take, that we take for granted everytime we open a magazine, is an awful lot better LOL. Just so you know where to look - here are the obvious flaws:

Photo 1 - the people are very blurred. This would be more noticable if I made the photo larger. But check out Feebs right arm, and Neil's left arm. Oops.

Photo 2 - it's too dark and there's an Angel of Death sitting in the background with his hands folded.

Photo 3 - Feebs right hand is blurred (again).

Photo 4 - they are overexposed, washed out with so much white you can't make out any detail. Apart from the green bag.

Photo 5 - the right hand is blurred (yet again), and the camera is wrongly focused on the mic, and not his face. Due to the wide aperature his face is actually slightly out of focus.

OK here goes... you need:

1) No flash (the camera that is - I can stay LOL)' date=' otherwise you wash out all the colour.

2) A digital SLR, that's the digital equivalent of a 35mm camera, with automatic focus and automatic matrix metering.

3) The white balance on the camera must be set to 'tungsten' mode.

4) The exposure set to 'vivid' and 'sharp'. This part is optional.

5) ISO set to approx 2400 or the equivalent which is ISO 1600 + 1/2 a click.

6) The camera set to continuous focus (you're shooting at a moving target), and continuous shooting, so that you can take several shots at once.

7) A 'fast lens' - this is the expensive part because you need a f2.8 aperature.

8) A very big and fast memory card.

9) Photoshop.

Now for the problems...

Shooting in a dimly lit place means you want to get as much light in as possible. Problem is that your shooting a fast moving target (the musicians and dancers) so if you keep the shutter open to long everyone will blur... So to get around this you set the aperature as low (open as wide) as possible. Unfortunately this in turn narrows the depth of field, meaning that only a very narrow band in front and behind the point of focus looks in focus. For instance if you focus on someone's nose at f2.8 then their ears will be blurry...

...which is why you need to set for continuous shooting. By firing off umpteen shots at once your will probably get a good in focus one sooner or later. So basically you point the camera at the action and keep the button held down! I probably took around 100 photos just to get those 5!

Those pictures were also taken with 2 different lenses, one of them is a fisheye is an ultra wide angle. This makes everything look curved like in photos 1 & 4. In photo 4 my lense would have been about level with Hogs errection. You have to get really close up!

In future this will all be a little easier because we have ordered up some additions to the lighting rig that will illuminate the stage much better, perhaps enabling the use of a narrower aperature, which will help keep everything in focus.

Are you sorry you asked yet?

But in short - yes any idiot with a computer, the right camera and lens, and a lot of patience, can take shots like that... and in this case any idiot did! The stuff the professional guys take, that we take for granted everytime we open a magazine, is an awful lot better LOL.[/quote']

Yep, what Flash said.:up:

glad i asked, you may be surprised to learn that good knowledge can come from a shitty job, like working at currys.

so i understood most of that.

edit: thanks for taking the time to type that up

p.s, get us a gig at moorings.

(i know you dont decide these thing etc but MAKE IT HAPPEN!)

xXx