aberdeen-music

Marky Ramone Plays The Tunnels

Guest bluesxman

So the second Ramones drummer is playing with a band called Antiproduct? Doing Ramones covers? Have I got that right? These ex-band members trading on past glories is getting tiresome...

So the second Ramones drummer is playing with a band called Antiproduct? Doing Ramones covers? Have I got that right? These ex-band members trading on past glories is getting tiresome...

Is he going to just play drums, I wonder?

I had a look on the Antiproduct website and it's safe to say that if marky wasn't playing I wouldn't even consider going.

It is tiresome, like you said.

Still, it's a Ramone.... if there's nothing else on that night then I'll more than likely head along. More fool me.....

yeah...

It is annoying that so many band members choose to split up and then form several versions of their old band.

I went to see SLF and got Jake Burns

Bad Manners and got Buster Bloodvessel

The Beat etc etc

at least their bands are tight and the music is worth the usually extortionate door fees ,but 10.00 + is taking the piss, widweek especially.

You get what you pay for...or NOT as it may seem.

Guest bluesxman
Marky is my favourite surviving Ramone.

This place is full of great comments today. What makes him your favourite rather than the other drummers?

This place is full of great comments today. What makes him your favourite rather than the other drummers?

From watching Ramones Raw, End Of The Century, Rock'n'Roll High School and just generally reading various pieces of text and looking at different images, I have come to the conclusion that Marky is my favourite Ramones drummer.

Besides, Tommy looks like a hippy these days, and Richie looks like a business man. Marky still looks like a Ramone.

Ramones Raw bonus footage of the band on Space Ghost Coast to Coast where Marky says 'Hey, a nice chocolate vanilla' = ace.

• 2 months later...