aberdeen-music

Uncle John & Whitelock,hot Club De Paris,hookers Green #1 - Sister, Resist! March 25!

Guest bluesxman

Anyways, it ended up being the best 3 quid I've spent in a while. I've spent almost 10 times that to see one band who were pish and all 3 bands were great last night.

aye, twas a great night. hot club de paris were fully ace. uncle john and whitelock were great in a clutch/captain beefheart/birthday party way but got a bit samey. only caught two hookers green songs but they were sounding good. the whole night was grand though and was absolutely heaving. good work!

shame the guy doing the sound couldn't be bothered doing the mc's who were meant to be playing at the end. that is the same guy who did the sound in drummonds years ago and used to talk over bands he didn't like using the mic yea?

Guest idol_wild

That is easily one of the best gigs I have ever been to. Three sublime bands.

Hookers Green No. 1 were sober whilst playing...for a change...and it made a difference. The energy was still there, but so was the execution...which is sometimes lacking when they headline due to alcoholic intake. Stomping. Best I've seen them in a while.

Hot Club de Paris. Oh my fucking God. These guys should be massive. Vocal interplay akin to The Futureheads (but a lot better, obviously) and neat guitar lines with ryhthmic basslines. Hugely enjoyable. They reminded me of The Pogues for some reason...aswell as CaP'n Jazz. I want to see this band again: promoters take note.

Uncle John + Whitelock provided everything I wanted and expected from them. Gutsy, beefy doom-blues. Loved it. The singer cut some shapes that harked back to Elvis Costello. Brilliant frontman. And the bassist played his bass like a double bass. Dude.

Guest idol_wild
I had an ace night! Hot Club De Paris were awesome! It was really busy! Success!

I wish I got more sleep though. I also wish the sound had been better.

Yeah, the sound wasn't great for Hookers Green - the vocals weren't nearly loud enough. That aside, fantastic set.

Guest bluesxman
the robert palmer cover was inspired.

Damn, I forgot about that, I never thought I'd ever say I enjoyed a Robert Palmer cover version but that was ace....

Absolutly brilliant night, By far the best gig I've been to in a while.

I had been looking forward to last night for ages and definetly wasn't dissapointed.

All three bands were fantastic with and excellent turnout from the start of the night till the end to watch them. I was still buzzing this morning when I got up.

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: