aberdeen-music

Fish Tanks

Guest MDP

There's a sink to go with it as well. Does the cistern water actually come from the tank? I didn't think they were connected

Ooh I'd like the sink too and a shower/bath version if possible, make it a whole bathroom set.

I very much doubt the water the cistern uses is the same as in the tank, you could either recess the real cistern into the wall so it's hidden or use an altenative flushing system; something involving the transperambulation of pseudo-cosmic anti-matter perhaps. /ponder

Yeah' date=' its going to suck, but it'll be worth it for the bigger fish I can have (as long as the whole tank doesn't fall through the floor)[/quote']

I'd look into that if I were you. A mate of mine had a huge tank, and he had to get builders in to reinforce his floor. Putting nearly half a tonne on a small area of your floor can be risky...

hmm. I was thinking about getting a fishtank after a visit to St Andrews aquarium recently triggered memories of the tropical fish we used to have when I was wee.

Anyone got any advice for starting out?

I would check out the beginner forum on www.myfishtank.net (or reject_monkey's forum) both will probably tell you all the information you need to start out and keep the fish healthy.

I'd look into that if I were you. A mate of mine had a huge tank' date=' and he had to get builders in to reinforce his floor. Putting nearly half a tonne on a small area of your floor can be risky...[/quote']

Gah, I was semi joking when I said that. I'll just have to hope I have strong floors. How do you go about reinforcing the floor anyway?