aberdeen-music

full nomination list for the fudge awards 2006

The Ghost Of Fudge

Guest Les Stroszek
I am in Dedalus with Steven.

It sounded like you were having a go which would not have been surprising cosidering. Perhaps I was a bit hasty in having a go at you when I read it back. If it was aimed at me then great it would be a great laugh to win 'most punchable' anyway! I would have prefared most shaggable mind.

Guest bluesxman
It sounded like you were having a go which would not have been surprising cosidering. Perhaps I was a bit hasty in having a go at you when I read it back. If it was aimed at me then great it would be a great laugh to win 'most punchable' anyway! I would have prefared most shaggable mind.

I'm not wanting to be involved in a war of words which is why I just ignored your comment. Hasty? No. Self-obsessed and a tad paranoid? Apparently, as when I read back my response I had no idea how you could possibly look at it as a dig at you. Every band in Aberdeen could conceivably do the same thing, I hope not as my typing is too shit and slow to post responses to them all.

If I wanted to have a go at you I would have put 'Les from Stroszek'. I put what I put as a flippant response, as I have no real reason to find anyone most punchable, certainly no-one on the list provided, I don't even know who 95% of them are, I think Maxi is the only one i've actually spoken to face to face.

I have no interest in whatever problems you have with anyone in Dedalus, historically or currently. Presumably Steven figures in there. If it's me you have a problem with why not put 'the drummer in Dedalus?'. If you have an issue with me, feel free to let me know what it is, as I'm sitting in blissful ignorance at present.

1. best band - The X-Certs

2. worst band - Ascension

3. best newcomer - Copy Haho

4. best live act - My Minds Weapon

5. best rock act - My Mind's Weapon

6. best punk act - Stayover

7. most metal of metal - My Mind's Weapon

8. best extreme act - WSBB

9. best indie act - Eddison (due to the exclusion of Right Hand Left)

10. best of the rest - Genevieve

11. best fudge performance - Festr

12. best international act - Fickle Public

13. best venue - Moshulu

14. best clubnight - Bond*Age

15. most missed - Turning 13

plus! most shaggable and most punchable - That cunt that used to be in The Cuts

Guest Les Stroszek

Self obsessed and a little parinoid? Maybe but a lot of things that have happened and been said about me since I left that band mentioned above have left a sour taste in my mouth. I'm not looking for trouble with anyone from Dedalus either so hopefully that can be put to an end. It would be nice just to forget about that whole Cuts time it was just a total nightmare. Totally overhyped. My new band are a million times better anyway and I think I've proved myself there to a lot of people. Hopefully people are willing to give us a fair chance and ignore any rubbish. And I don't have any problems with the drummer from Dedalus or the music of the band. They always seem to be well regarded and list similar influences for ourselves - I would have liked to have been able to see the new band if there was no daftness.

Guest bluesxman
Self obsessed and a little parinoid? Maybe but a lot of things that have happened and been said about me since I left that band mentioned above have left a sour taste in my mouth. I'm not looking for trouble with anyone from Dedalus either so hopefully that can be put to an end. It would be nice just to forget about that whole Cuts time it was just a total nightmare. Totally overhyped. My new band are a million times better anyway and I think I've proved myself there to a lot of people. Hopefully people are willing to give us a fair chance and ignore any rubbish. And I don't have any problems with the drummer from Dedalus or the music of the band. They always seem to be well regarded and list similar influences for ourselves - I would have liked to have been able to see the new band if there was no daftness.

I post on here as an individual and don't represent Dedalus as a band, which is why I don't want to be dragged into any disputes that have nowt to do with me. If you want an opinion from me, one of the easiest ways for you to avoid at least some of these spats would be to stop finding something to get upset about that just isn't there as you did above!

I have no knowledge of The Cuts other than they once existed, just as I had no clue about Dedalus until I joined, so any fall out from that band for you is a mystery to me i'm afraid.

Our next couple of gig dates are in the Gig forum if you want to check us out......

Guest Dedalus

Dedalus, as a band, have absolutely no problem with you or your band. In fact, given the opportunity, we'd do a show with Stroszek. As you said, we're influenced by very similar music and we're trying to achieve similar things.

Any problems with individuals, talk to them. In person.

End of 'spat'.

I bid a hearty good luck to Stroszek.

Guest Les Stroszek

Well those messages were really nice messages guys really sorry I acted stupid and irrational here. Theres been a few incidents for example when someone came up to me in Exodus who wrongly thought I had slagged your band off on there Myspace site when it was just a toung-in-cheek comment and Stevens never too friendly so that perhaps led me to stupidly believe that you guys had some sort of problem.

I never read the whole part of your drummers nomination list I just caught the part where he was going on about some guy in a band who's a wanker and I thought 'you c**nt's'! What I was really acknoweldging was that I'm a guy in a band who's a wanker! I've just kind of put 2 and 2 together and got 5 here and I'm pleased that I'm wrong. Its good to see some sort of friendliness breaking out here and of course I wish you guys really good luck too and look forward to seeing you guys!