aberdeen-music

Arctic Monkeys' "Secret for Success" revealed

Guest pop-notmyface

ive always thought it strange that Artic Monkeys seem so unashamedly middle class. See the lyrics to A Certain Romance - basically an attack on working class/chav culture.

But doesn't he then say something like "but they're my friends", like he's acknowledging he belongs to that class, for better or worse? I haven't heard the song, but I'm sure that was quoted in the NME review

Lyrically they are the second coming of Jarvis Cocker and that at least is not a bad thing. Musically and aesthetically uninspiring though. And although the lyrics are decent I'm too middle class to really relate them.

there not about being in the lower class or slaggin the lower class, there songs are about what you see in everyday life and why not have a dig at scumbags, they deserve it, arctic monkeys are not having a dig at poor people, there just slagging off the bampots, being poor does not mean your scum. Wish people would actually listen to lyrics properly

there not about being in the lower class or slaggin the lower class' date=' there songs are about what you see in everyday life and why not have a dig at scumbags, they deserve it, arctic monkeys are not having a dig at poor people, there just slagging off the bampots, being poor does not mean your scum. Wish people would actually listen to lyrics properly[/quote']

I never stated for a second that they were having a go at the working class so don't attribute that comment to me by quoting me like that. And the lyrics generally are observations of a working class boy on certain aspects of working class life although i'm not saying they are limited to that. Anyone could relate to you Bet You Look Good On the Dancefloor.