Stiff Little Fingers

plus support

Thursday 16th March

Doors Open 8pm

Support 8.30pm

13.50 (9

concessions and

Regulars)

Still writing, recording and touring hard, we welcome back one of the great bands

of the punk - or any other - era. No dwelling on past glories, comfortable cabaret

or going through the motions for Stiff Little Fingers; their live performances are still as angry, vital and committed as in their heyday. Always a sellout - book now to

avoid disappointment.

Bruce Foxton announced on January 23 that he was leaving Stiff Little Fingers with immediate effect. After 15 years of writing, recording and touring with SLF Bruce said it is time to move on and concentrate on other projects. 'The situation is amicable' says Foxton. 'I have enjoyed my time with Jake, Ian and Steve and will miss them. Naturally I wish them all continued success and hope to catch up with the boys during their spring tour.

SLF are happy to announce they have recruited original member, Ali McMordie to join them on the upcoming March tour dates. Said lead singer, Jake Burns: "Obviously, losing someone of Bruce's ability is a blow but we wish him well in everything he does in the future. As for ourselves, having Ali kindly re-arrange his schedule to help us out is fantastic and we all are looking forward to working together." The reaction to the news of Ali's return by fans on the SLF online pub has been joyous -- "YIPPEEEEEE!!!!" being a repeated response.

when the lemontree are looking for bands to play support slots' date=' do they just sift through the demos etc they already have and pick a band to get in touch with or do bands contact sayin i wanan support stiff little fingers...?[/quote']

Contact Andy Shearer our Music Promoter (music@lemontree.org) and say "I/we wanna support SLF (or anything similar that's coming up)" - your chances will be vastly improved if you supply a good demo (ie from no chance if he hasn't heard you live either). However the decision over whether or not to have a local support is not always down to Andy - often there's a tour support already in place for all the dates.