aberdeen-music

The Beautiful New Born Children (Domino) + Project:Ven Hell + The Videos

chilli

oh how we laughed :D

from the aberdeen independent

headline "FUNDAMENTALIST band on stage at THE LEMON TREE"

"A band which has been described as being the most exciting & primal

group that you are ever likely to hear will be in the granite city this month.

The Beautiful New Born Children....................

1. wrong venue

2. if we wanted to put on a Fundamentalist band then 1st choice

would be FUNDAMENTAL, but they would make even the folks that

go regularly to Arkade events shit themselves

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh how we laughed :D

from the aberdeen independent

headline "FUNDAMENTALIST band on stage at THE LEMON TREE"

"A band which has been described as being the most exciting & primal

group that you are ever likely to hear will be in the granite city this month.

The Beautiful New Born Children....................

1. wrong venue

2. if we wanted to put on a Fundamentalist band then 1st choice

would be FUNDAMENTAL' date=' but they would make even the folks that

go regularly to Arkade events shit themselves[/quote']

fuck the gig Im gonna see Fundamental at the Melon Tree! Whoop!

nah fundamental arn't playing

hope u are playing' date=' i believe some Domino label staff maybe present

to see their new signed heros!!!!!!!!!!![/quote']

sorry I was attempting satire again

we are playing for sure, although its certain any label types they will be in pizza hut for the scummy support bands

we will also have a new band name (we change it at least once a year) by thursday too which will be projected onto the back wall if I can get me VCR working....will that screen be up or do we need to bring a king size nylon sheet?

i assume we are first on and we will therefor play our best songs first so as many people as possible miss them *more failed satire*

We shall bring a shiny disk for Domino boffins... at worst it will make a pretty coaster.

I wouldn't build your hopes up. We have no idea who the mysterious people are but we've been told there will be eight of them. I suspect of that eight there will be none at most! Remember Aberdeen is a long way away.

I'll take your disk though.

sorry I was attempting satire again

sorry i missed that

we will also have a new band name (we change it at least once a year) by thursday too which will be projected onto the back wall if I can get me VCR working....will that screen be up or do we need to bring a king size nylon sheet?

here's a name i think fits u

lester burnham & the (nae) real videos

:finger:

'If the press material is to be believed, not much is known about the Beautiful New Born Children. Apparently, the folks at Domino Records plucked the band's CD-R out of the pile and liked it enough to track the foursome down and release the record. Good thing: Hey People! is a scorching nine-song debut--garage rock that actually sounds like it was recorded in a garage. Electric guitars wail and crunch below shrieking vocals that are themselves wrapped around a fiery rhythm section. And what it all becomes is raw and mesmerizing. It's not always easy to tell what the songs are about, but somehow that seems right. More obvious is the band's ear for hooks and a willingness to play fast. The album is only 22 minutes long, including the nearly seven-minute closer. Most songs are under two minutes, which only adds to the sense of chaos and speed. Don't you dare blink.'

HarpMagazine

You know those will be strictly adhered to don't you?!

No

Starting with the soundchecks I bet

Last time we turned up ''on time'' for soundchecks to support Data Panic (their soundcheck lasted a marvellous 1 hour 45 minutes) we still had time to go back home for forgottten things, go for a meal, go clothes shopping, get petrol and go for drinks in Lo Down. Someone even went for haircut I think.

Im bringing a Gameboy this time, mind you its Thursday, late night shopping Wheeee!

bit harsh miss

Datapanic are quite nice really

its called being a rockstar (even if your not)...theres worse things in the world, Nuclear War, Jackie Bird, Bleached Mullets, Dogshit etc

I wont have a good word said about the baw bag sinatras however, they are a disgrace.

Ps got my nails done last night so I wont need to nip out to the salon during soundcheck :gringo:

Okay... as a band they are pricks...but the way they locked themselves away ...

They DIDN'T so much lock themselves away but asked if there was somewhere to change. It was the only available space I could find but they would have been happy to do it in the toilets if they had to. NOT very rock star. They were ALL very sweet and friendly (to me anyway).

I don't know about the soundcheck as I wasn't around the whole time. Perhaps they just need a firm request to get on with it.

If BNBC album length is reflected in sound check time, it'll take about 30 seconds!

what' date=' like slagging off other bands on the internet? ;)[/quote']

i think she just got a bit cross after we busted our asses to make a time, only to find we were 2 hours too early

it happens

and when the cause is purely the ''we wont adjust the mic stands we want a roadie to do it'' attitude it does get up peoples noses, c'mon?

They DIDN'T so much lock themselves away but asked if there was somewhere to change. It was the only available space I could find but they would have been happy to do it in the toilets if they had to. NOT very rock star. They were ALL very sweet and friendly (to me anyway).

I don't know about the soundcheck as I wasn't around the whole time. Perhaps they just need a firm request to get on with it.

If BNBC album length is reflected in sound check time' date=' it'll take about 30 seconds![/quote']

I remember Ladytron girls got changed in the disabled toilet at the Tunnels. Disgraceful!