aberdeen-music

The Beautiful New Born Children (Domino) + Project:Ven Hell + The Videos

chilli

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've never understood why bands don't get changed in the cafe to be (old record shop) it is clean, can be locked, and not open to the public yet. though all troubles will be resolved when this opens, as it has a built in changing room for bands:D

so after their 1st short uk tour finishes, tbnbc head off with some pals

catch them in an intimate venue tonight b4 they go big time!!!!!!

10th Feburary - Rosi`s, Berlin (with the archie bronson outfit and the domino sound system)

sxsw

16th march - emo`s, austin, texas

17th march - la zona rosa, austin, texas (with test icicles, the archie bronson outfit and arctic monkeys)

Guest bluesxman
"Project Ven:Hell show off their new image" -

nitro.jpg.JPG

The Project Ven Hell boys ain't butch enough to pull that look off. Think I may pop along to this, cash is lasting better than expected.

Guest bluesxman

Bit late for that ain't it!

Best value for 5 pounds i've had for a while, nice one from all the bands. Especially enjoyed PVH as sound was a lot clearer than at Lemon Tree, nice and lively performance, and BNBC were fantastic. Almost got whole CD listened to on car journey home!

Was disappointed to see no crimped hair, kudos to Rikki for headband though. Looked more Goldie Lookin' Chain than metal, but still....

A fiver well spent, kudos to the IMP guys for another great show.

I'd never seen any of these bands before so went in with a pretty open mind.

I didn't think I'd like Kill Baby Kill for some reason. Maybe I've heard some mp3's in the past or something, but they impressed me more live than through my headphones. I did like the poppier numbers as opposed to the shouty numbers though. Would go back and see again.

PVH were something of a mystery to me. Musicianship was most excellent (no Bill and Ted jokes aright) but I didn't quite get the vocal performance. Take nothing away from the performance, but it just wasn't my thing overall.

Wasn't sure what to expect from BNBC. Read some good reviews and read some indifferent reviews, but was tempted enough to come along based on IMP gig history and Domino approval. The songs were breakneck, but I like. Frontman was instantly likeable and the band were pretty damn tight. Enough to make me buy the album and was most impressed with the drummer giving me a free badge. Cheers min.

bnbc = shit hot

pvh = shit hot, but could have had a louder onstage sound (not their fault they were told to turn down)

videos = tight and good at what they do, not really a fan of the guitar sound/playing faarrrrr too loud. prefer their shoutier numbers

all in all a great night. heard tracks form the new PVH album and it kicked ass!

bnbc were wanking about pvh all night :D