aberdeen-music

The Beautiful New Born Children (Domino) + Project:Ven Hell + The Videos

chilli

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well' date=' you can catch King Creosote again soon, supporting Belle and Sebastian at The Music Hall and maybe guesting with Magnetophone in April (tbc). I see according to the Evening Express Sonic Boom will definitley be guesting with them. They know more about it than we do![/quote']

Magnetophone? Sonic Boom? Que....?

Please expand........

Uncut has a review of TBNBC's Cd in this month's issue - however' date=' it wasn't too flattering, I'm afraid...........[/quote']

So Uncut is the bastion of style round here!!!!!!!!!

I thought eveyone who buys Uncut does so for the free CD & uses the magazine to enhance the landfill's around the planet:

8)

So Uncut is the bastion of style round here!!!!!!!!!

I thought eveyone who buys Uncut does so for the free CD & uses the magazine to enhance the landfill's around the planet:

8)

Just the only review I've seen so far. Would be interested in some others if we can find them.

Uncut is the bastion of style for 1966.

which is more modern than Mojo.

u are obviously a child of the Ipod era & don't have longevity to listen to tracks all the way thro b4 skipping onto the next consumable lovely.......

Domino's recent record of not signing NY copiest shite' date=' but some decent bands & The Guardian today don't review it as pretend NY copiests confirms u need to clean yur lugs out........[/quote']

The Gaurdian compares them with The Strokes, my new york comment gets official backing it seems.

Oh, and I dont own an ipod thingy.

:popcorn:

Love from pj :love:

Guest bluesxman

Mojo have given away some cracking CD's, the 60's garage punk one was :love: Uncut's a good mag for mixture of movies/music but too much into their Americana stuff. Their reviews can be a bit...unusual in ratings. What does everyone feel is the best music mag to get then? I've bought pretty much them all over the years but am trying to hone down my purchases....

Mojo have given away some cracking CD's' date=' the 60's garage punk one was :love: Uncut's a good mag for mixture of movies/music but too much into their Americana stuff. Their reviews can be a bit...unusual in ratings. What does everyone feel is the best music mag to get then? I've bought pretty much them all over the years but am trying to hone down my purchases....[/quote']

The Wire, without a doubt.

Bit more highbrow than other mags & I suppose it's a niche audience but it's by far my favourite read.

http://www.thewire.co.uk/

here'a another review from this weeks BIG ISSUE

The Beautiful Newborn Children - Hey People! (Domino)

Out 16/01/05

*** stars

Theres nothing too complicated about this VISCERAL debut from pop punksters

The Beautiful Newborn Children. Instead the band rock like deamons in a rattly,

rickety way, stropping their way through a collection of angry songs - most of which

clock in at under two minutes - with masses of distorted guitar, loads of charismatic

screeching & drums that sound like the worst hangover ever. At their best, like on the

breakneck "left, right, forward" or the EXPLOSIVE "hectic control" threy sound like the

early strokes having a grubby scrap with the libertines, rehashing old STOOGES riffs

& creating their own brand of mayhem into the bargain. Its not easy to see where a

band so elemental go from here, but its a FEISTY debut nontheless

also reviewed in the same issue

Clearlake new one (Domino) ***

Chris Brockaw new one (RockAction) ***