aberdeen-music

I think that Norman's Fetish are......

really really really good. If you get a chance to see them play, you need to take it! For those of you uninformed, Norman's Fetish are an all girl band who sound quite similar to the early, early No Doubt stuff. They are basically a really good pop band with ska tendancies! The songs are all reeeeeealy well written, and considering how good live they were when I saw them at their first gig, this band should be really ace in just a few short shows from now!

So, if you like well performed, well written pop music, go and see Norman's Fetish!

Woo!

Aye that the correct spelling... A lovely girl! And great saxophone player... Hehe..

Normans Fetish put on a great show, they have great stage presence, always smiling and have a sound that you would normally not expect of a band on their first gig. Thery are only gonna get better... and that is saying something... if that was a first performance, wait till the 100th!!

Guest alex.

i thought they were really good, especially for their first gig!

vocal harmonies were pretty good, occasionally what seemed like just a random bit being shouted was a little wierd, but vocals were all pretty decent.

really, the only thing i didn't like was the guitar sound a) because it didn't really break through everything else and b) upstrokes with that tone didn't have much of the power you probably wanted...

They played a really good gig last Friday. Have a mixture of Jazz/ska/Pop. The parts for The saxophone and trumpet werent simple ones either. Showing good techniques of crescendo and triplets etc. I would say the best songs on their set was teh first one "somethings going down" and the one where Christina(bass player) is singing.

I thought the songthat the bassist suungwas pretty. she has a lovely voice.

I thought their songs had no edge though, some songs sound like a female version of The 44's, the songs didnt come across to me as being very original but possibly because of that, they were easy to get into. Though the singer sounded fine,i have heard her voice before and think that she doesnt really get the most out of it in Norman's Fetish. Great first gig and stage performance though!