in an accoustic setting, supported by the absolute best of local talent

Dr Drakes Sunday 7th March 2004

Doors 8pm Fee 5

featuring

Craig B of aereogramme

Kathryn Sawers

Deadloss Superstar

Guest neil ex

i have to go do some jobs for my mum so that i can borrow 10 to go tonight due to me not getting paid from work on friday. bastards.

should be a good one!

Bloody hell, a fantastic night.

Deadloss, yay! Great set considering the trio of ill blokes performing it.

Kathryn Sawyer, wow. Totally bewitching. Gobsmacking.

Craig B looked nervous as hell, his hands were shaking like nothing else - But the songs were fantastic and his voice so good! Superb.

aye, absolutely brilliant gig.

deadloss - pretty good... would love to see them with a full band. it looked like they were all dying though... coughtastic!

kathryn - i didn't think much when i saw her supporting the delgados so i wasnt expecting much. she silenced me. really damn good. aberdeen music genius?

craig b - holy fuck. i had shivers running throughout my body. he did look really nervous but he blew me away. you could have heard a pin drop.

Guest stuartmaxwell

oh my fucking god that was truly awesome

deadloss were decent, i quite enjoyed them, stars was fucking ace

kathryn was amazing, i feel quite bad for saying what i said in another thread, her voice works until she pushes it, but the songs were amazing, she is a true talent and from what i hear a perfectionist

craig, oh craig, what can you say, he fired out some of the aereogramme stuff that you never hear, broken horse, motion, a meaningful existence, in gratitude etc, it was soooo good and the crowd were very respectful indeed

this was a great night, i met a lot of very cool people indeed and the line up was very very good

cheers to the guys at interesting music promotions for putting this very interesting (arf!) gig on, and i shall see you again in the very near future

deadloss were really good, despite the illness

kathryn was really, really good. after what i'd read about he ron these here boards i wasn't expecting much and was happily silenced.

craig b...holy fuck, what a voice. absolutely amazing. i wasn't having the best of nights..been in a bad place for a few days but that cheered me right up (surprisingly)

great gig.

I was a bit dubious about having Kath S and Craig B on the same bill but it worked out pretty well. Although trying to follow KS must have been quite daunting for Craig.

KS was as ever scary, funny, emotive and rather good. Craig did pretty well, given that A/gramme are used to filling their songs with slabs of noise and the odd grunt here and there. As with the Stuart Braithwaite set a few years ago it takes guts to go from noise to acoustic.

Now I wonder when the A/gramme / KS collaborative album is coming out....

Dave

Originally posted by unknown pleasures:

sounds like a good night ...

I was away at the football

were you inthe "jungle" another woeful performance by the wrong side of townl

Aye last night twas pretty excellent

Deadloss were exceedingly funny tween coughing bouts, cigs etc & the man in the wooly hat can sing a bit.....

Kathryn was just fantastic.... as always

Craig B was simply the business, proving that behind the wall of sound that he can sing a bit & hold the attention

all in all i think the balance was really really good

cheers to all who turned up & LISTENED

More excellence from Interesting Music coming very soon

Guest neil ex

yeah, that was an awsome gig... i really enjoyed it.

deadloss were good banter, loved the coughing fits between songs... think they maybe need to cut down on the smoking though..

kathryn and craig were both fantastic... it felt pretty tense during both sets with the audience standing in complete silence at times... i could hear the heater (or something) going off behind the bar during kathryn's set...!

kudos to Interesting Music and stuart maxwell (life saver) for letting me stay at his house! :dunce:

• 4 years later...

My wee sis said that someone from Aereogramme was playing with Twilight Sad at T in the Park??

Have such fond memories of the Drakes gig. So well respected with the STFU policy that Shaz had to switch off the lights (and fridges?), as they were making a light humming noise.

Apart from Craig Deadloss who was dying with the flu rather noisily ;)