aberdeen-music

a small bass

catherine

right my dad runs this scout group and they hold jumble sales...anyway it was today and i picked up a bass guitar just cause it was there and i dont have one.

but yeah its really small. its the same size as a normal guitar (and is very pretty)

but whats the deal with them? im assuming then when i buy new strings for it i will need to buy special ones?

seeing how the neck is smaller then they strings need to be thicker. which they are... they are weird looking strings...ill try get a photo up on here... also it looks like its gona be hard to hange the strings too.

but yeah anyone know anything to help me?

Guest Neubeatz

Yeh my kid bro had a 3/4 bass when he was a kid, it used strings out of R'n'B, I'm sure they would have some if normal bass strings wont fit,

I used to like it coz my hands are tiny and wont fit a normal bass!!!

Same idea with a baritone gutiar isn't it. They have longer scale lengths to improve string tension at lower tunings with thicker strings. More tension means better tone, sustain and clarity. Hence the scale length usually around 10 inches longer than that of a guitar.