aberdeen-music

Oasis A.e.c.c 12/12/05

rowan

So did you all enjoy Oasis? The gig was top, ribs are bruised to buggery though..

The support band Shack were like a poor man's La's

The set was:

'Fuckin' In The Bushes' (Intro)

'Turn Up The Sun'

'Lyla'

'Bring It On Down'

'Morning Glory'

'Cigarettes And Alcohol'

'The Importance of Being Idle'

'The Masterplan'

'Songbird'

'A Bell Will Ring'

'Acquiesce'

'Live Forever'

'Mucky Fingers'

'Wonderwall'

'Champagne Supernova'

'Rock 'N' Roll Star'

'Guess God Thinks I'm Abel'

'The Meaning Of Soul'

'Don't Look Back In Anger'

'My Generation'

Guest DustyDeviada

It was a really good show, interesting comparing it with Franz Ferdinand a couple of weeks ago.

The Oasis gig was better, frankly. FF were more exciting in terms of movement onstage and the cool camerawork and stuff, but when it comes down to it, Franz Ferdinand only have a couple of songs with killer choruses, but Oasis have loads and loads, and a catchy chorus goes a long way.

But I must agree, there were far too many bams there. Why break into football songs everytime Liam left the stage. Made me embarassed to be Aberdonian.

Guest DustyDeviada
for a band of oasis statur i think an hour and a half is a pretty pathitci performance! Good gig though. My 7 year old nephew loved it!

I know what you mean, I'm a casual fan, bought the first two albums and the latest but none of the rubbish in between, and perhaps more importantly I didn't pay for my tickets, and I enjoyed the gig.

But if I had paid 30 quid I might have been pissed off at the length of the show.

That said, i'm used to Mark Knopfler concerts lasting close to three hours.

Guest DustyDeviada
I loved it! Show length was quite good.On my watch it lasted til 11pm.Maybe I'm wrong.

Yep, you're well wrong, I had dropped two people off at the Hardgate at picked Mrs Deviada up from Belomont Street by 11pm.

Finished around 10.30, around 90 minute set, including break before the inevitable encore and pauses for bams to sing "Stand Free".

I didn't go but don't care much for their newer stuff - after Giants. I think it would be the perfect time to have a final tour, best of cd, and go their own ways; Noel would be much better as a solo artis. It's also shite that they never play anything from Be here Now, it's my favourite album by a mile.

Town was also full of dicks last night after the gig.

Guest DustyDeviada
I didn't go but don't care much for their newer stuff - after Giants. I think it would be the perfect time to have a final tour' date=' best of cd, and go their own ways; Noel would be much better as a solo artis. It's also shite that they never play anything from Be here Now, it's my favourite album by a mile.

[/quote']

Each to their own I suppose, but I think most would disagree with you - the general consensus seems to be that Be Here Now, SotSoG and Heathen Chemistry are bollocks.

Frankly I can live without hearing crap like "All Around the World" again - I don't know how anyone can think that it's better than Lyla.

All in all i got what i expected from the gig, a good groud surf and some decent sing along's!

Fair doo's that the ned / waster ratio seems to be getting higher and higher but isnt that the case in most places now.. look theres even one infront of me now "oi Ned, fuck off"

Oh and well done to Pistol Pete for his steril effort as the base of the three man totem pole.. (anyone see it)

Guest DustyDeviada
Oh and well done to Pistol Pete for his steril effort as the base of the three man totem pole.. (anyone see it)

Nah, I couldn't see fuck all thanks to the three arseholes in front of me who were climbing on each others shoulders.

Each to their own I suppose' date=' but I think most would disagree with you - the general consensus seems to be that Be Here Now, SotSoG and Heathen Chemistry are bollocks.

Frankly I can live without hearing crap like "All Around the World" again - I don't know how anyone can think that it's better than Lyla.[/quote']

D'you Know What I Mean

Don't Go Away

Stand By Me

I Hope, I Think, I know

My Big Mouth

Girl In The Dirty Shirt

All among the best songs they've ever written, the only downside is that each song is a good 2 minutes longer than it should be. Tunes like Lyla and being idle are just stale and uninspiring to myself.

Guest DustyDeviada
They got a pretty bad write up in the EE. Basically questioned if they've still got it.

Oh well if that bastion of rock journalism the Evening Express said it was crap then it must have been.

I'm sure the Gallagher brothers are devastated at receiving such a damning indictment from such a well respected authority on music.

D'you Know What I Mean

Don't Go Away

Stand By Me

I Hope' date=' I Think, I know

My Big Mouth

Girl In The Dirty Shirt

[/quote']

D'you Know What I Mean's alright but I personally think the others are bollocks.

Oh well if that bastion of rock journalism the Evening Express said it was crap then it must have been.

I'm sure the Gallagher brothers are devastated at receiving such a damning indictment from such a well respected authority on music.

I said they got a bad write up, that's all. I did not say "They got a bad write up, haha, they're shit." so don't get so pissy. In short :finger: to you sir.

I thought the gig was good. Oasis are still a great band to see and have loads of great tracks. There were an awful lot of pill munchers there like. They werent on for long but they were still quality. Liams the man. I thought he done well to keep his cool after everything that was thrown at him.

I dont see why everyone is complaining about neds

i went into this gig with my Taking Back Sunday t-shirt on and my long-ish hair and got no hassle at all

In fact i ended up standing with a group of lads, some of them wearing burberry hats, and chanting along to every song

i found that it doesnt matter if you knew anyone there, you could pretty much go and stand next to anyone, put your arm around them and chant "Stand Free". Although it did get pretty shit after they had chanted it about eight times and i just wanted to hear the band play

but Shack were complete baws like

Also i would like to applaud the people who were blowing up the condoms, they brought great amusement to me and my mate