aberdeen-music

Christmas Presents

Ghostwriter

celebrating what' date=' exactly?[/quote']

Spending time with loved ones

Spending hard earned cah on loved ones

Getting time of work

The general good will feeling that happens around this time of year.

M8 honestly i have read all your posts and you do make valid points about greedy self obsessed fashists but this is your life and you choose what path you travel why make your own life so bitter because of others.......

Ignore the commercial hype that crimbo is these days and enjoy it for what you make it...

Again not having a go just feel you need love in your life or something (unless your a fourm whore who hates everything everyone else loves ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?(

The birth of the baby Lord Jesus. Surely you've heard the story' date=' long hair and beard, water to wine etc.

And some of the stuff the last guy just said.[/quote']

no really, putting sarcasm and evasion aside for a moment, what do you actually mean when you say "getting into that celebratory spirit"?

no really' date=' putting sarcasm and evasion aside for a moment, what do you actually mean when you say "getting into that celebratory spirit"?[/quote']

I wasn't being sarcastic, while I'm by no means a practising Christian I do have religous beliefs that tie in with the Christmas holiday and I do still think it's a religous holiday not just a day for presents etc. I'm not suggesting I stick on a party hat and celebrate the word of God, but I respect that Christmas is primarily a religous holiday. So I think it's nice to celebrate that but also the other things Christmas has come to mean like celebration of the family etc.

It does mean more than just buying lots of stuff, drinking Sherry and funding the monster of capitalism to a couple of people, but undoubtedly all us idiots who enjoy Christmas will be doing that to.

I wasn't being sarcastic' date=' while I'm by no means a practising Christian I do have religous beliefs that tie in with the Christmas holiday and I do still think it's a religous holiday not just a day for presents etc. I'm not suggesting I stick on a party hat and celebrate the word of God, but I respect that Christmas is primarily a religous holiday. So I think it's nice to celebrate that but also the other things Christmas has come to mean like celebration of the family etc.

It does mean more than just buying lots of stuff, drinking Sherry and funding the monster of capitalism to a couple of people, but undoubtedly all us idiots who enjoy Christmas will be doing that to.[/quote']

so basically you like to celebrate the birth of christ and also go through the whole rigmarole because its the done thing. Why didn't you just say that in the first place?

oh right so you agree with me that its a pointless ritual performed out of habit' date=' or you don't, and you engage in it yourself, and think im being miserable for having that view? You should make up your mind instead of posting inconsistent nonsense.[/quote']

it's more about getting together with my entire family, than presents, I love christmas, no work, traveling to see friends across scotland, just time to relax...

so, if someone "thinks that christmas is a ritual", says more about that person not being able to use that time wisely, then moron consumers buying useless pointless presents because they have to.