aberdeen-music

The Boy Lacks Patience Album Launch

misterdale

For those who can't wait til the 28th to see the excellent Boy Lacks Patience, he'll be playing a shorter set at The Lemon Tree this Friday, along with a load of local talent, in aid of Roxburghe House Hospice

John Gillan presents A Beatles Appreciation:: Eskimo Blonde, The Boy Lacks Patience: Short Notice, Ellie Mulhern, Amber and more

Friday 13 January 2006 - Caf

Tickets 6 (4 concessions & regulars)

Doors Open: 8.30pm

Show Starts: 9pm

Full line up:

Eskimo Blonde

The Boy Lacks Patience

Short Notice

Ellie Mulhern

Karloff

Amber

Gerry Jablonski

Dave Dixon

This year's memorial event for former Lemon Tree DJ, motormouth and music obsessive John Gillan sees the spotlight fall on the most popular and influential band of all time, The Beatles. Local musicians from right across the musical spectrum will join forces to pay tribute to both John and the Fab Four, performing tracks from all stages of their career. As usual, all proceeds will go direct to Roxburghe House Hospice where John was cared for towards the end of his tragically short life.

• 2 weeks later...
Agreed' date=' I enjoyed their set very much at the DataPanik gig.[/color']

Yep, that was good, but i thought they were even better at LT last Thursday lunchtime. They probably won't thank me for saying this, but one song reminded me of Carter USM!....in a good way - thankfully DBD aren't as one dimensional though.

Look out for a preview of Saturday's gig in this week's Big Issue, and a Boy Lacks Patience album review at some point too.

do you know what day's express it was, i have a pile of them lying here, and i cant be assed reading them all... p.s. chris keep s saying he will introduce us, but you are always gone bofore he has the chanse!

do you know what day's express it was' date=' i have a pile of them lying here, and i cant be assed reading them all... p.s. chris keep s saying he will introduce us, but you are always gone bofore he has the chanse![/quote']

Did I not meet you through Flash at the Moorings gig Jo did ages ago? You were sitting with Thurisaz right?

I think...

And it would have been Thursday's EE.

Did I not meet you through Flash at the Moorings gig Jo did ages ago? You were sitting with Thurisaz right?

I think...

And it would have been Thursday's EE.

It was in fridays too, so i didnt check thursday...im not sure, i think i met you...but i wouldn't have been sitting with thurisaz, ive never been introduced to him(well actually i might have been, but i dont know it) and at the jo gig i was standing at the bar with my sisters boyfriend...oh well, ill say hi tonight anyway! any idea what time death by dave hit the stage? cheers

ross

that was fucking amazing!!!

*EASILY* the best gig i have seen in a long time, death by dave were fantastic as always, and chris was on top form... His first set with rainbowprincess on cello was nice and felt quite intimate, and his voice was amazing. That was the first time i had seen him with his band, and they blew me away...absolutley fantastic.

ALSO the stage looked awsome with the baby-grand, and fairylights.

x

Fantastic night, maybe not the best DBD performance I've seen but they certainly seem to be quicker on the change between songs ;) The opening and closing numbers are still just fantastic, and their audience participation really did turn the attention of the audience to them for the rest of the set (PS apologies for picking on the Honey Monster, it just seemed *right*).

The Boy Lacks Patience was superb. Chris came across as charismatic and fully at ease with the (impressively sized) audience. The cello-augmented first half was wonderful, full credit to Rachel. I was slightly dubious about the idea of the second set it completely converted me, thoroughly enjoyed it too - Balanced really well with the first half. Glad Chris ended on a couple of completely solo numbers, it was only right to do so. Well done his mum for making sure he saved a song or two back.

Looking forward to listening to the album now, looked like it was selling really well on the night.