aberdeen-music

why on earth would you go hillwalking yesterday?

framheim

when all week the news has been talking about the crazy blizzards on their way today. surely you'd postpone the trip and not go out then get stuck and have to be rescued like the 4 guys from buckie today.

http://www.thisisnorthscotland.com/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=149235&command=displayContent&sourceNode=149218&contentPK=13564737&moduleName=InternalSearch&formname=sidebarsearch

if you were heading up a mountain in november you'd check the weather right?

I teach snowboarding all winter so i'm pretty used to being battered by the weather, its not very nice no matter what your wearing.

It's true though you can go anywhere at anytime with the right knowledge and gear. It's people who don't have a clue that cause the problems. Like those two guys who got off at the top station of the cairngorms last year, they walked in a complete random direction and got completely lost. Or the people with no mountain experiance who decide for a day out on Ben Nevis.

It's simple common sense that is missing. Like checking the weather or checking in before leaving.

I teach snowboarding all winter so i'm pretty used to being battered by the weather' date=' its not very nice no matter what your wearing.

.[/quote']

Do you teach at the Lecht or what? That's quite cool i wouldn't mind getting into that myself....although im a skiier. *waits for abuse*

Do you teach at the Lecht or what? That's quite cool i wouldn't mind getting into that myself....although im a skiier. *waits for abuse*

Yea i teach at the lecht, its not bad at all. You should look into teaching its quite good pay if you get good hours.

Don't worry i won't abuse you for skiiing. I never take my work home with me.:up:

when all week the news has been talking about the crazy blizzards on their way today. surely you'd postpone the trip and not go out then get stuck and have to be rescued like the 4 guys from buckie today.

http://www.thisisnorthscotland.com/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=149235&command=displayContent&sourceNode=149218&contentPK=13564737&moduleName=InternalSearch&formname=sidebarsearch

if you were heading up a mountain in november you'd check the weather right?

More worrying is that they seemed to be incapable of navigating. They walked round in circles for a while apparently. It's one thing having the right kit' date=' it's another being able to use it!

BTW, the best place to check the weather for the mountains is www.mwis.org.uk - very useful if you like this sort of thing...

More worrying is that they seemed to be incapable of navigating. They walked round in circles for a while apparently. It's one thing having the right kit' date=' it's another being able to use it!

BTW, the best place to check the weather for the mountains is www.mwis.org.uk - very useful if you like this sort of thing...

yeah apparently they told police they were near the summit of Cairn Gorm which was actually miles away from their real location.

Fame...

The opportunity to mumble incoherently and say " Ye ken " a lot on North tonight, and get yer face in the papers ,seems unresistable, maybe some local bands should try it,it's the closest they will get to achieving any worthwhile publicity....or perhaps they could write some listenable music ... for a change.

I am pissed, YOU, in all probability are an argumentative teenager looking for a fight... go to The Belmont bar,I can't be fucking bothered hurting my hand on your poofy adolescent face...FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT ... and by the way I am not homophoic,I just hate heterosexuals acting like poofs,you poofy fuckers,baaaaaaarp.