aberdeen-music

Artic Monkeys Midweek No.1

Larsen B

Is it not referring to our close link to apes? I think it's a great name. And also gave them the opportunity to call their first album Chart Pimp. Which is also great.

Anyway' date=' Arctic Monkeys aren't impressing me at all so far. Neither are Test Icicles, they just sound like an amalgamation of Franz Ferdinand and Bloc Party. And neither of them are as good as everyone raves on about either.[/quote']

I couldn't care less what it refers to. A band name should be good phonetically. Artic Monkeys are pretty pish, as are Test Icicles but they are making decent enough singles, which i'd rather there was than a deluge of than bands i don't like who don't even have a single you can shake your ass to.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you listen to a band called The Child Molestors? It's just the same thing but on a less extreme level.

You're talking shit mate. How has the 'Arctic Monkeys' got anything to do with 'Child Molestors'? Its not the same thing at all. Someone called the Child Molestors would be blatantly trying to cause controversy and get attention through their name. For christ's sake if people start hating music because of a band's name we're all doomed! Please explain how you think these are connected in any way.

Mike

Anyway' date=' Arctic Monkeys aren't impressing me at all so far. Neither are Test Icicles, they just sound like an amalgamation of Franz Ferdinand and Bloc Party. And neither of them are as good as everyone raves on about either.[/quote']

Artic Monkeys are amazing and refreshing imo, but I agree that Test Icicles are a crappy derivative of an already derivative sound. Bloc Party are possibly more insipid and contrived than anything else out there at the mo. Even Charlotte fucking Church. Franz are quite good but hardly worth copying.

vad babblar ni om?

what are you talking about?

what does NME think of the arctic monkeys? (and so what, what they think)

it's great that a band is No 1 and hasn't "made it", because of a major record company.

Or what list are we talking about here? how many singles have been sold -list? or some kind of woting list?

the biggest winner in all this has to be domino records, they mustve made a fucking bomb lately with the like of franz ferdinand then this little band come along and do what franz, coldplay, keane etc have not done and that notch up a number one single. Funny thing its, i dont think dancefloor is close to their best single, and their only 19 aswell. i dont blame the nme at all for liking them, there fucking ace

i think the point your making is dumb. I bet you would listen to a band called The Child Molestors just so you could hear what they're like. Unless you were molesated as a child.

The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster is a silly name but they are a great band.

I think the point I made was pointless, but thanks for taking the time to answer.

However, I'd be interested to hear why you'd think I'd be interested in checking out any band due to their name.

You're talking shit mate. How has the 'Arctic Monkeys' got anything to do with 'Child Molestors'? Its not the same thing at all. Someone called the Child Molestors would be blatantly trying to cause controversy and get attention through their name. For christ's sake if people start hating music because of a band's name we're all doomed! Please explain how you think these are connected in any way.

Mike

They're not and I never said they were.