aberdeen-music

The Paddingtons are shit

kirkt

This thread could have been productive if you used a word like "mediocre" but everyone knows that when you have so little substance for debate to begin with' date=' you can never get anywhere. What's the point anyway?[/quote']

The point is, The Paddingtons are all over the press and in the charts when they are bland and uninspiring. It annoys me when there is so many better bands from the same city that people could be checking out like Freaks Union, Silence in the Streets, Fonda 500, Swordface...and recently The City Ghosts have totally blown me away and I think people should be listening to them instead.

The point is' date=' The Paddingtons are all over the press and in the charts when they are bland and uninspiring. It annoys me when there is so many better bands from the same city that people could be checking out like Freaks Union, Silence in the Streets, Fonda 500, Swordface...and recently The City Ghosts have totally blown me away and I think people should be listening to them instead.[/quote']

When you're honest you'll admit that you just constructed this point because you felt cornered by the fact that you didn't have a point in the first place.

Ahem.

I've seen the Paddingtons 3 times now and I haven't seen such a band put so much energy into their music. Fair enough they may not be that tight a band but at least they can play their instruments with a degree of comptence (sid vicious, anyone?), and they have got good songs which are catchy. In my opinion they're one of the best new band sin Britain.

Ahem.

I've seen the Paddingtons 3 times now and I haven't seen such a band put so much energy into their music. Fair enough they may not be that tight a band but at least they can play their instruments with a degree of comptence (sid vicious' date=' anyone?), and they have got good songs which are catchy. In my opinion they're one of the best new band sin Britain.[/quote']

Fair enough, I personally think they are like the 8th best band in hull nevermind britain and people should check out city ghosts and freaks union (there is no denying that anyone who has seen freaks union could call the paddingtons more energetic) but everyone to their own.

Aye' date=' fair enough.

I'm listening to a City Ghosts song right now, it started sounding like China Crisis for a minute!

I'd like to say now that the best band from Wakefield are The Cribs, followed by the Research :D[/quote']

I thought the Cribs were from Leeds. Guess its all the same. The Research are fuckin ace. Maybe best band I've seen at Moshulu.