aberdeen-music

general laptop computer question

Steven Milne

That'd be the one. I had an image of George Street in my head' date=' and Holburn came out my fingers..[/quote']

Grampian isn't on Holburn. I don't think there's a computer shop, other than solid gold, on Holburn. At least I've never noticed one. Grampian Electronics (which I assume you're thinking of) is in woodside.

Speaking of laptops im looking for the most basic rubbish laptop i can find for a really cheap price. Only requirements, its quiet enough for a lecture, and it can run Word. Anyone know anyone else selling something along these lines.

And i know ebay is probably the first thing on your mind, but theres no way of knowing how quiet a laptop is if i buy from there.

another good place is everest technology on Northfield place, round the corner from the grammer school. Also despite what has been said before PC World have a few cheap wireless modems/routers in their clearance section, also if you find a good one on their website you may be able to order it for the web price and pay and collect it in store, saving you a few more quid!

The setting up of the system is actually easy as fuck.

Please don't buy from a shop' date=' save your wallet. Ebuyer.com and Dabs.com are your friend .[/quote']

THATS THE ONE!! nep and everest are good but ure best deal will come from there.. i got mines from dabs :D (next day delivery aswell)

1.7 GHz Centrino (2meg Cache ) (equal to a 3ghz p4 apperently)

60 Gb HDD

512 MB ram

128 MB Graphics Card

DVD RW

NEP and Everest are good if you want someone local for parts... to build your own pc.. not laptops tho.

My opinion is to go to dabs or ebuyer (Best deal you will get)

(dont buy from Dell... Dell have been doing really bad just now.. My friend ordered one from Dell.. and now its been 3months and still not here!)