aberdeen-music

Juliette and The Licks

Rob

Guest bluesxman
Wow a Hollywood star in little old Aberdeen!

I'll tell you what, there aren't many Hollywood stars who would come onstage in a tight red catsuit which gave them major camel toe for the entire gig.....she's off her nut, really good show.

Shame' date=' but at least the Kills are still coming, in what must be their 3rd gig this year at the Tree or something. Seriously, how many times have they played there?[/quote']

Just the twice this year, last time in Feb was a phenomenal gig i thought - amazing that two people can make such a racket. That gig came very close to selling out without being in the brochure, so I'd reckon early purchase is highly recommended for this.

They've only played once other than that at The Lemon Tree and that was back in June 2003.

The Kills + Be Your Own Pet

Monday 24 October

Tickets 10 (6.75 concessions & regulars)

Doors Open: 8pm

Show Starts: 8.30pm

Inspired by Royal Trux and the Velvet Underground and led by sultry, bedroom vocals, broken guitar lines and hollowed-out drumming, The Kills sound is rough, sexy, sometimes jangly and melodic and other times dark and droning.

As proven on two previous Lemon Tree appearance, The Kills have built a ferocious reputation as one of the most exciting live acts around.

'Their tight, coiled-up take on the history of rock'n'roll is a thrilling and unsettling spectacle from start to finish.' NME

www.thekills.tv

http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?agency=LEMONTREE&organ_val=22345&schedule=list&event_val=2380

Guest tv tanned

yeh, I kinda agree with bluesxman.

Putting it in the brochure just gets people all excited (like me) and let's face it, the gig would generate enough media publicity to compensate leaving it out of the brochure.

Not being overly critical, just sad that I won't get to see a band who are by all means phenomenal live :(