aberdeen-music

worst charity record ever???

delboy

I think easily its either Band Aid 2 or Doctor' In Distress. Actually Doctor' In Distress is without question the worst record ever!

I remember on the 100 Worst Songs Tiffany was bemused as to why Band Aid 2 was on there, and someone chipped in that by 1989 everyone in Ethiopia probably knew it was Christmas, but not many people knew who the hell some of the people on that record were.

For my money though the most dispicable case of bandwagoning was Phil Collins' story about Cher at Live Aid. She was on the same Concorde as him as he flew over to the US and she thought all the journalists were on the plane for her so she rushed off to put her wig on in the toilets. When she realised they weren't she asked Collins what was going on. He said it was Live AId. She had no idea what Live AId or the famine problem was. This is ON THE DAY OF THE CONCERT.

"I'd love to be involved" she said.

After Collins had done his set he was asked to sing a verse of We Are the World at the end with all the other main contributors but said he'd probably screw it up so declined. He went back to his hotel and watched, only to see Cher at the front of the stage taking a bow and singing. A couple of hours earlier she hadn't even heard of a famine in Africa.

For my money though the most dispicable case of bandwagoning was Phil Collins' story about Cher at Live Aid. She was on the same Concorde as him as he flew over to the US and she thought all the journalists were on the plane for her so she rushed off to put her wig on in the toilets. When she realised they weren't she asked Collins what was going on. He said it was Live AId. She had no idea what Live AId or the famine problem was. This is ON THE DAY OF THE CONCERT.

"I'd love to be involved" she said.

After Collins had done his set he was asked to sing a verse of We Are the World at the end with all the other main contributors but said he'd probably screw it up so declined. He went back to his hotel and watched' date=' only to see Cher at the front of the stage taking a bow and singing. A couple of hours earlier she hadn't even heard of a famine in Africa.[/quote']

Haha!

Funny but fills me with so much hatred and cynicism at the same time. :swearing:

Nikki Sixx is re-recording Crue's 'Home Sweet Home' with Chester pricko Bennington for Hurricane Katrina relief' date=' apparently. Poor Sixx, poor.

Is there a need to raise money for the richest, most technologically advanced country in the world? I don't know....[/quote']

limp bizkit are also covering that song for their best of

not that anyone cares or anything :rolleyes:

In his first talk with a reporter since the end of his criminal trial, pop superstar

Michael Jackson said Saturday he is "moving full speed ahead" on plans to record a song for the benefit of Hurricane Katrina victims and feels that his creative juices are flowing again.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050917/ap_en_mu/michael_jackson

Obviously I haven't heard it yet, but I already feel sick just thinking about it.