aberdeen-music

Aconite Thrill, Aurasun, Gloria Flaw & Tbc

Dizzy Storm

no introduction needed i'm sure for ACONITE THRILL - but here's some info on tour buddies AURASUN....(straight from the website obviously!)

Embracing the sinuous, spirited assault of Thursday with the powerhouse heaviosty of Hopesfall and the melodic suss of Open Hand, AURASUN are a potent blast of post millennial metal.

With a serpentine sense of dynamic and an emotional charge so fierce that certain passages seem to simply crackle, Aura Sun are as complex and multi layered as they are intense. This is post hardcore seen by forward thinking visionaries. It's free of machostic bluster, trite angst and transparent rebellion that has so characterised the newest exponents of extreme music, instead focusing on power through passion.

Formed just two years ago the UK based five piece are startlingly evolved for their short life span and shot through with intricate ideas and integrity. Their debut ep titled 'The Last Days Of Summer EP' is out now on hip UK indie Lockjaw Records, and showcases both the depth of their talent and their commitment to their art. The band are currently writing in anticipation of their forthcoming debut full length album 'Making Plans To Split The Sky'. Due for release in the latter half of 2004, the record looks set prove that the band are able to rise above current trends, and surpass musical pigeon holes becoming so ingrained within heavy music.

Aura Sun - Prepare to be won over!

SAT 27TH MARCH

DOORS 8PM

Originally posted by xlordnyconx:

ooh cool if you need a band for this check us out. The Perfect Reason [ http://www.tprmusic.com ] we played with Aconite Thrill in late 2003 in Dundee and would love to again...anyways e-mail me if your interested...

tprmusic@hotmail.com

thanx.

cheers again for the offer but this bill is now complete...

Originally posted by Camie:

Gloria Flaw are a brilliant band, looking forward to that gig. Will they ahve any cd's with them when they come up by any chance?

We are planning recording in the next 2/3 weeks in order to have something to submit for T-break. We've not been in the studio for 18 months as a result of various line-up changes and relocating to Aberdeen, so it should be fun! We should hopefully have some recordings for ya all quite soon, hopefully before the Aconite Thrill gig.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by RossW:

We are planning recording in the next 2/3 weeks in order to have something to submit for T-break. We've not been in the studio for 18 months as a result of various line-up changes and relocating to Aberdeen, so it should be fun! We should hopefully have some recordings for ya all quite soon, hopefully before the Aconite Thrill gig.

Maybe i read camie's post wrong, but to me that sounded like he was asking if the other bands wil have cd's with them, not us Ross??? ?(

But if anyone's interested we're hoping to have a few with us :band:

• 2 weeks later...

yes you're right - the singer Ricky has larangitis and so have had to pull the rest of their tour. they're absolutely gutted! and they couldn't play their london Barfly show on sunday which was being attended by Metal Hammer/Kerrang etc..eek!

Aconite Thrill will still be coming (yay!).....so any local bands want a support slot?! :rolleyes:

joining The Gloria Flaw as 2nd support for Aconite Thrill on saturday will be....

ALL MY LOGIC - an unsigned 3 piece heavy melodic rock from Kilmarnock....they're doing the AT show on monday at the 13th Note and are currently managed by the guys at Twisted Ape. thought it was a good opportunity to give an out of town, and unknown, band the chance to play to a (hopefully!) decent aberdeen crowd!

For fans of Deftones, Dashboard Confessional, Foo Fighters.....

should be good!!

I won't 'cause I don't DJ at valhella, merely spread the good word on behalf of Dave and Rory. But if I did DJ I would definitely play Ugly Kid Joe.

You could always chance your luck and bring along a UKJ cd on the night and give it to dave to play.

Originally posted by DR DRAKE:

joining The Gloria Flaw as 2nd support for Aconite Thrill on saturday will be....

ALL MY LOGIC - an unsigned 3 piece heavy melodic rock from Kilmarnock....they're doing the AT show on monday at the 13th Note and are currently managed by the guys at Twisted Ape. thought it was a good opportunity to give an out of town, and unknown, band the chance to play to a (hopefully!) decent aberdeen crowd!

For fans of Deftones, Dashboard Confessional, Foo Fighters.....

should be good!!

so what is the order of play?