aberdeen-music

Why Is Most Music So Shit?

Erase Today

I think it's like everything in life, there will always be good things and bland things...

take food, if you want, you can eat 9p beans and 32p loaves of bread for your entire life and you'd live...

you could, go to farmers markets, deli's etc and pick up the most wonderful flavoursome ingredients and make a meal fit for a king...you might have to pay more, but, the hunt and the price was worth it...

someone somewhere will always take that little more care, love and feeling when producing something for someone else who shares the passion to get the vibe, feeling, love out of it.

this works for ANYTHING in life...

engineering,

food,

music,

film,

furniture,

art.....

so, when someone complains that "all music is shit these days", what they are actually declaring is, they've lost the passion to go hunt / find the good stuff.

full - fucking - stop.

Guest pop-notmyface
I think it's like everything in life' date=' there will always be good things and bland things...

take food, if you want, you can eat 9p beans and 32p loaves of bread for your entire life and you'd live...

you could, go to farmers markets, deli's etc and pick up the most wonderful flavoursome ingredients and make a meal fit for a king...you might have to pay more, but, the hunt and the price was worth it...

someone somewhere will always take that little more care, love and feeling when producing something for someone else who shares the passion to get the vibe, feeling, love out of it.

this works for ANYTHING in life...

engineering,

food,

music,

film,

furniture,

art.....

so, when someone complains that "all music is shit these days", what they are actually declaring is, they've lost the passion to go hunt / find the good stuff.

full - fucking - stop.[/quote']

so true!

Just a reminder that calling other board members "cunts"' date=' whether they are new to the site or not, is prohibited by the forum rules. [/quote']

I think my choice of terminology was quite appropriate, but yes, I am willing to abide by the rules of the site and will refrain from doing this again.

On a broader point' date=' shouting down and abusing new members doesn't exactly make this site look appealing to the casual viewer, and paints a pretty poor picture of the people who use this board on a regular basis. If you don't have anything constructive to say, just remain quiet. Thank you. [/quote']

I really don't agree with this. If someone makes shit posts. I think we should all be free to flame them over it to be honest, I don't think anyone should have amnesty from this, regardless of how long they've been using this site. At a guess, I'd say Erase Today is most likely an existing member under an alias, with the intent of gaining reactions like this anyway.

What a nice welcome - Hello to you too. And thanks for the abusive PM's Were you pissed or something? cos the things you said to me were quite scary actually. Are there a lot of people on here like you? I hope not - I will publicly say you are a sad maggot.

You are not a Stripey, you are not a RomanChoke, you are not a Zombie Much, get over it.

On the subjective of 'abusive PMs', I'd be more than happy for the moderators of these forums to investigate this further, in fact, I would quite like them to.

From the FAQ;

Flaming - Material that is knowingly defamatory' date=' illegal, abusive, racist, threatening or harassing, is strictly prohibited. As with anything, you, as a registered member, should use good common sense when posting. Posts and threads containing personal attacks on other members will be edited/closed/deleted at the forum moderators discretion.[/b']

You agreed to these rules when you signed up to the site. This is meant to be a friendly online community where people can discuss topics relating to music and other things, not somewhere where people randomly abuse newcomers who have not yet got used to the mix of personalities we have in the membership.

As for Erase Today using an alias, leave that up to the mods and Neil to investigate. If it turns out he's a banned user, then he will be dealt with. If not, I hope you have the decency to apologise for making such an accusation.

I didn't mean flaming in that sense, I was referring to the ridicule or suchlike, of a user's posts, rather than personal attacks although given, that was what I did to Erase Today. I can also guarantee that I was not 'randomly abusing' this user, as I had a reason, namely that his posts have irritated me. In my eyes, 'randomly abusing' would be along the lines of:

"Hey, I'm new here and I'm having some difficulty posting images..."

"Fuck off, I hate you."

Or something to that effect.

Also, you misinterpreted my post about alias screen names. I wasn't suggesting that Erase Today was in fact a banned member, if he is using another name, I'd see it to be quite likely that he'd be an active user of this site.

I've explained myself over this, and I'll accept that referring to users as 'cunts' won't be tolerated in the future, and I'll make no further posts on this thread, as I've said what there is to say.

*EDIT* And on a final note, I'd also hope that I'd be recieving an apology from Erase Today on his (or her) 'Abusive PMs' jibe.

I agree with the 1st poster! To me and my ears, most new music is shit. Even the rock stuff. Maybe something to do with modern recording techniques or something else not agreeing with me.

Anyway, what does it matter in the end. Songwriters write songs, bands make albums and it's thrown out into the mass of recorded music which has existed back to when, late twenties or something? It's one collective musical lump to go and explore. My next purchases will be Billy Holliday and Ella Fiztgeralds essential compilations. After that, something more modern maybe. It's all good!(well, you know what I mean)