aberdeen-music

Do Ghosts exist?

timson

My old primary school is haunted, it's a catholic school that use to be run by nuns about 60 years ago. The cloak rooms and the toilets were down the stairs in the basement and at the end of a really long corridor; on many an occasion I have seen figures moving at the end of the corridor and heard banging and screaming from behind the wall.

Also the town library is built on top of the old hanging tree, and one winter night just before closing I was wandering around, looking to see if there was anything I wanted to check out. I heard this loud creeking sound behind me and turned to see three books fly off the shelf and land on the table in the middle of the room. As you can imagen I quickly made for the door, taking my book of the occult with me.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey, my bar is haunted too. but its fictional so it doesnt really count i guess.

i was standing in my bedroom once, practicing guitar when i felt a stabbing of what felt like an ice cold finger into the side of my thigh. i froze. after what seemed like forever i looked at my leg but could see nothing. i ran out of the room and went to my sister but couldnt talk.

i remember nothing of sitting with my sister, its hella wierd coz i remember what happened in the room but as soon as i left the room i cant remember a thing other than cautiously stepping back into it

The bar is very haunted. Here's a few tales of things that we have experienced first hand. Also our recording setup is pure digital which makes it perfect for trying EVP which we plan to do soon. Anyway here goes...

sounds like the moorings is haunted by all the old regulars who passed on. my grandad always tells me stories of drinking in the moorings in the 60s.

my only memorable ghost experience was when i stayed in the Oakley Court Hotel in Windsor with my mum for my 21st. the next day my mum asked to be shown some suites, because she was thinking of going back. the receptionist took us to one and said that it was rumoured to be haunted. she put the key card in the door and it flashed green but the door wouldn't open. she did this a few more times and it still wouldn't open even though it was unlocked. she yelled 'behave yourself' at the door and it opened without the key. apparently twins boys had lived in that room at one point when the hotel was privately owned. From the window you can see the Thames which goes past the garden. One of the boys was in the room and saw his twin brother fall in the river and drown. He became so distressed that he drowned himself in his bathtub and it's apparently him that haunts the room, playing tricks on the staff and guests.

• 4 months later...

I've always believed in ghosts and always will...

When I worked in Presents there were a few good tales we could have told you...

There'd be times you'd clean up the whole shop, lock up, then the next morning when you came to open up again everything from shelves behind the counter had been knocked on the floor.

My manager also told me of a time when she'd been locking up and was literally about to go out the door when something, like a presence or a cold wind whooshed down the stairs past her.

Loving the ghost stories though, especially the Moorings ones... had anything recent Flash?

I've woken in the middle of the night in my old student flat to see what I thought was my flatmate sitting on the chair in my room. At first I thought 'what a freak' that he was watching me sleep (that's disturbing enough) but then he slowly rose but kept rising past standing height and then through the ceiling.

Once in another flat on Urquhart road, my flatmate (a different guy) was leaving to go home for Christmas at 7am, and I'd asked him to wake me up before he left. I aloke myself just before 7 to see a face about a foot from mine staring at me, (again I thought it was my flatmate) and then it slowly backed away and then through the door. I got up and left in about 5 minutes.

A few times in old Drakes I heard whispering in the toilets when I was in there on my own.

On holiday in Lanzarote last year I woke up in the middle of the night to see a man dressed in what looked like 1800's army clothes standing at the foot of the bed.

Rationally I don't beleive in ghosts.

Ghostie.jpg

GhoulsDancing.jpg

The first one, isnt that a "ghost image" of someone walking past? By using a slow shutter speed and no flash, it can give this impression. If you are sure that nobody walked past during the exposure of the image then that is just scary. She has a big head or what could be a "beehive" hair-do. Also, something is written on the tshirt.

The second picture, what am I looking for in it Flash?

There is one place which freaks me for some reason. When I go downstairs to collect my guitars in the cellar, Im convinced that somebody is watching me from the dark area in the corner, its unsettling.

LMAO the photos are fake LOL!!!

The first one of beehive lady is Pete headbanging.

The second one just looks like Disney representation of ghosts due to the green lighting and the fact that you can see the stage through the woman on the rights head!

We had one genuine ghost picture and that showed orbs, but we've accidentally misplaced it. The EVP recordings have been going well though, and we hope to have some up on MySpace quite soon.

(For Hog only: these were shot at ISO 3200 with a 2.8 app in low light with +2 clicks on the exposure. Pete's head was moving at approx 2meters per second. Threw in the towel yesterday and bought a D200 hence all the pictures. Guess that makes me a 21st Century Digital Boy!)

The second one just looks like Disney representation of ghosts due to the green lighting and the fact that you can see the stage through the woman on the rights head!

We had one genuine ghost picture and that showed orbs' date=' but we've accidentally misplaced it. The EVP recordings have been going well though, and we hope to have some up on MySpace quite soon.

(For Hog only: these were shot at ISO 3200 with a 2.8 app in low light with +2 clicks on the exposure. Pete's head was moving at approx 2meters per second. Threw in the towel yesterday and bought a D200 hence all the pictures. Guess that makes me a 21st Century Digital Boy!)[/quote']

Haha, so basically the first "ghost" is my cousin lol!

You wont regret going digital Flash, its the best way:up:

I truly believe in ghosts.

I have a few experiences to share with you all. I guess we cannot believe in ghosts until we've seen one, but here I go.

My first sighting was in crathes castle when I was in the brownies on a day out. All my friends saw it too and she was dressed in pink *not green sadly* and they had a model of a skeleton and the ghost was by seemingly handing it a drink and we could see through her aswell she was so faint to look at.

Another experience I had was when I was at a friends house. She lives in the country and there's a random church beside her house. I had a bad feeling about the church so I stayed out of it and only to find her screaming, I saw a black figure behind her with hair comming out of the hood. Was horrible and I looked again and it was gone.

Once my dog was sleeping in my room and I was awoken by her growling at my wall and when I went to look, there was a black shadow walking and her hair was literally on ends.

As for things moving, I was once at another friends house and it was not long after she had lost her dad we were in her computer room and randomly, a pound coin which was sitting on the top of her computer flew across the room and she said it happened earlier.

I really believe it because I've experienced it and I know not everyone does.

We had one genuine ghost picture and that showed orbs' date=' but we've accidentally misplaced it. The EVP recordings have been going well though, and we hope to have some up on MySpace quite soon.

(For Hog only: these were shot at ISO 3200 with a 2.8 app in low light with +2 clicks on the exposure. Pete's head was moving at approx 2meters per second. Threw in the towel yesterday and bought a D200 hence all the pictures. Guess that makes me a 21st Century Digital Boy!)[/quote']

I think you should bring a medium into the moorings one day and get things filmed and see what you get! could be interesting. That could give you a lot of info aswel

church in the middle of nowhere..sheesh really that stupid?

ran·dom Audio pronunciation of "random" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rndm)

Having no specific pattern' date=' purpose, or objective: random movements. See Synonyms at chance.[/b']

surely it was built for a reason? idiot

Ah so I'm an idiot now.. but it didn't take me to look up the word "random" in the dictionary did it :)

oh I don't know the purpose now do I? It was built in the middle of nowhere and without me not knowing the specific reason' date=' then it's random to me :)

cunt.[/quote']

uh.. i didn't look up the word random to educate myself, i did it to back up my point.

it's random to you? so, you're saying that you think that church was built for no reason at all? you really are an idiot.