aberdeen-music

I know nothing about WWI

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

Guest AmbientMood

The British King, the German Kaiser and the Russian Tsar were all related and played together as kids ;)

Much of the Kaiser's motivation to go to war against Britain was a long-standing feeling of inferiority he felt towards Britain. Asshole.

Guest ()Papaspyrou()
sorry mate' date=' you are wrong. ww1 resulted in about 9 million fatalities. ww2 collectively resulted in 50 million deaths, about 30 million on the eastern front.[/quote']

Probably

I don't know anything about WWI...

Guest Gregor Ascension
Germany won. But you won't find that documented in your Anglophile' date=' pig-dog textbooks. No-one likes to admit it.[/quote']

no, germany should have won, but just like ac milan, they pissed it against the wall.

don't get the whole 'evil' argument. Stalin's communist government were pretty terrible,

to quote Churchill - "I would shake hands with the devil to defeat hitler" or something along those lines.

looking back into some of Hitlers Lesser known movements in the run up to the war is quiter alarming. The very first thing he did when he annexed Austria was to go straight to the Hapsburg museum and sieze the spear of Longinus. Supposedly the blade of the lance that was used to peirce Christ's side at the crucifixion. Throughout history it has been in possession of the great leaders/warriors of the world. And it was prophesiszed that it would grant power to whoever possessed it.

When he was refused from Art School in Austria he went to the Hapsburg museum and stood in front of the Spear until the museum closed, he became obsessed with it's history and thought that if he possessed it he could use it to return the Ayrian race to its rightful place, ruling central Europe.

The Was a member of the occult Thule Society. A primary focus of Thule-Gesellschaft was a claim concerning the origins of the Aryan race. "Thule" was a land located by Greco-Roman geographers in the furthest north. The society was named after "Ultima Thule" Latin for the "Furthest Thule", said to be the capital of ancient Hyperborea, placed in the extreme north near Greenland or Iceland.

The Thulists also believed in the hollow earth theory. Thule's ultimate goal was to prove that the Aryan race came from a lost continent, perhaps Atlantis.

Hitler sent Himmler, I think it was on a quest into the Himalayas to search for Atlantis and traces of the true Ayrians. And he also began looking for other "Holy items" to fuel his belief that their power would help him sieze control of the world and bring the Ayrians back.

He began making his Master Race, and his plan to wipe out the Jews, Gypsies and Slavs was because they were inferior and had stolen the land which rightfully belonged to the Master Race. And although Hitler was a short dark haired runt, he saw himself as the catalyst to bring this race back to the world.

In the final days of the war he sent the Spear of Longinus with his two best U-Boats to antartica to hide it and make sure the allies never got their hands on it. Although its not clear if this was the real one or just a fake as the Allies seized it, Churchill and Roosevelt both aparently had possessed the item as the end of the war when it was supposedly returned to the Hapsburg museum. There is still a lance there. But it is unknown if it is the true lance or merelly a fake

That is what I meant by evil

It's a simple matter of interest, really.

WWII was, by and large, DRAMATIC. Dunkirk, D-Day, Blitzkrieg, Pearl Harbour and Hiroshima.

WWI was mainly categorized by 19-year olds sitting in holes in the ground in Belgium and France, taking pot-shots at each other. The most ominous, familiar event of WWI to most people is the fighting in "The Somme" which, when it all comes down to it, was just thousands of men running up a slight incline and getting shredded by machine-gun fire.

Plus the First World War didn't involve Millions of civilians being murdered for their ancestry, and the Second has far, FAR more documented history surrounding it.

I am more interested in World War One, mainly because I am quite fascinated by the weird balance between the traditional social and militaristic characteristics of the 19th Century and the technological advancement of the 20th, i.e horses v machine guns. Plus, I am intrigued by the geography of Europe at that time and the existence of imperialist Empires, which were much more prominent in WW1.

WW2 may have been more truly a "world war", but in many senses WW1 does compete with this, with theatres in all over Europe, Russia, the Otttoman Empire and the Pacific, with many countries involved. An even greater feat considering the inadequate transport facilities of the time.