aberdeen-music

worst tastes in music?

Guest Zeenat Aman

Guest Zeenat Aman

Which forum member(s), in your opinion, have/has the worst taste in music?

1) Jester 234686

For a start, he likes Marillion...

*just a bit of fun, I think he's a nice chap really*

Guest DustyDeviada

Ha ha! Can't wait for Jester to jump in here with a spirited defence of Marillion. That said, I'm sure my love for Dire Straits, Paul Simon, Willie Nelson etc would be classed as pretty bad by many on here, so each to their own, music's subjective etc etc.

That said, there's no defending liking Marillion, Genesis and Ray Wilson. ;)

Ha ha! Can't wait for Jester to jump in here with a spirited defence of Marillion. That said' date=' I'm sure my love for Dire Straits, Paul Simon, Willie Nelson etc would be classed as pretty bad by many on here, so each to their own, music's subjective etc etc.

That said, there's no defending liking Marillion, Genesis and Ray Wilson. ;)[/quote']

It's one thing liking them but openly, and brazenly, declaring a love of them in public is actually a hanagable offence in certain states in the US.

Guest Zeenat Aman

Willie Nelson is a god, no need to defend liking him.

Remember, this is just a bit of fun, no need to start calling folks shit cos they love Voodoo Loonge over Beggers banquet or whatever.

:D

Guest DustyDeviada

I actually quite like Voodoo Lounge, Love is Strong is good, some other good tracks on it as well, and I've never listened to Beggar's Banquet, so technically I suppose I DO prefer Voodoo Lounge.

Anybody remember the bar the Voodoo Lounge? They turned it into that strip club.

Guest Zeenat Aman
I actually quite like Voodoo Lounge' date=' Love is Strong is good, some other good tracks on it as well, and I've never listened to Beggar's Banquet, so technically I suppose I DO prefer Voodoo Lounge.

Anybody remember the bar the Voodoo Lounge? They turned it into that strip club.[/quote']

I see Voodoo Lounge as one of the better 'we are far too old for this shit now' albums. It does have a good collection of songs and flow to it, but to say it is their best, is a tad silly.

I'd say it was their best since Some Girls. Now, Dirty Work, that really is a stinker!!!

Which forum member(s)' date=' in your opinion, have/has the worst taste in music?

1) Jester 234686

For a start, he likes Marillion...

*just a bit of fun, I think he's a nice chap really*

There's lots of Marillion fans on this list remember ;)

Marillion are a great band who have defied popular musical taste, been successfull and helped revolutionise the way music is marketed, preselling an album to allow musical freedom and lack of record company is known as 'doing a Marillion' now within musical circles.

Ray Wilson is one of the best vocalists Scotland has produced in my opinion, a grat soulfull vocal.

Just to put it in, current other favourites include: fish (obviously), Midge Ure, John Young Band, Asia, Queen, Transvision Vamp, Mott the Hoople, Springsteen, The Police, The Bluetones, Alanis Morisette, Dido and David Devant and his Spirit Wife.

Well at least it's varied :p and no-one can ever accuse me of following trends !!

Cheers

Stuart

Guest DustyDeviada
preselling an album to allow musical freedom and lack of record company is known as 'doing a Marillion' now within musical circles.

Whereas almost single-handedly managing to kill off one of the biggest bands on the planet and then releasing mediocre material which only Jester and your mum buys is known as doing a Ray Wilson.

Ba-doom-tsch. ;)

Whereas almost single-handedly managing to kill off one of the biggest bands on the planet and then releasing mediocre material which only Jester and your mum buys is known as doing a Ray Wilson.

Ba-doom-tsch. ;)

Actually I'd hardly call over a million album sales of Calling all Stations killing a band, and surely Phil Collins leaving killed it, how many bands can replace their singer and have greater commercial success once, let alone twice, not to mention in between We can't Dance and Calling all Stations there was grunge whoch killed off most of the bands that had been big in the 80's. Musical tastes outgre Genesis, and with Ray they wqere going away from the pop stuff of the 80's back to the more progressive roots, also guaranteed to help kill off the band.

Cheers

Stuart

Ha ha! Can't wait for Jester to jump in here with a spirited defence of Marillion. That said' date=' I'm sure my love for Dire Straits, Paul Simon, Willie Nelson etc would be classed as pretty bad by many on here, so each to their own, music's subjective etc etc.

That said, there's no defending liking Marillion, Genesis and Ray Wilson. ;)[/quote']

Mark Knopfler is the man! Dire Straits are ace :D

There's lots of Marillion fans on this list remember ;)

Marillion are a great band who have defied popular musical taste' date=' been successfull and helped revolutionise the way music is marketed, preselling an album to allow musical freedom and lack of record company is known as 'doing a Marillion' now within musical circles.

Ray Wilson is one of the best vocalists Scotland has produced in my opinion, a grat soulfull vocal.

Just to put it in, current other favourites include: fish (obviously), Midge Ure, John Young Band, Asia, Queen, Transvision Vamp, Mott the Hoople, Springsteen, The Police, The Bluetones, Alanis Morisette, Dido and David Devant and his Spirit Wife.

Well at least it's varied :p and no-one can ever accuse me of following trends !!

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

Hang this Jester fellow up high, he obviously has no taste in music 8o

Surely the vast majority of those million sales came from the discount rack near the till at Fopp though.

Actually frustratingly enough, and this is a fact, you can get every other Genesis album in the cheap section of Fopp except Calling all Stations, cos I've been trying to get another copy for ages !!!

Cheers

Stuart

MMM Jester any more word on the Misplaced Childhood 20 tour other than the Glasgow Garage gig' date=' the artworks pretty nice :up:

....[b']HANG HIM HIGH I SAY!!!!!!! :O

I only heard about the Garage gig yesterday actually, d'oh... there's been talk about a Drummonds Fish gig for ages - Ihavent spoken to Fish in months and last i heard there were going to be gigs all around Scotland, and I was trying to convince Ross the other day he would do well in Moshulu :p

Cheers

Stuart

Actually frustratingly enough' date=' and this is a fact, you can get every other Genesis album in the cheap section of Fopp except Calling all Stations, cos I've been trying to get another copy for ages !!!

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

I've got one and its not for sale.

Fantastic album and fantastic tour.

I only heard about the Garage gig yesterday actually' date=' d'oh... there's been talk about a Drummonds Fish gig for ages - Ihavent spoken to Fish in months and last i heard there were going to be gigs all around Scotland, and I was trying to convince Ross the other day he would do well in Moshulu :p

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

It would do well in Moshulu, an older crowd who like a drink - what more could he ask for.

It least the majority of drink over the counter will be alcholic rather than soft drinks :cheers:

It would do well in Moshulu' date=' an older crowd who like a drink - what more could he ask for.

It least the majority of drink over the counter will be alcholic rather than soft drinks :cheers:[/quote']

And there wouldbe some drink drunk ;)

I know of about 15 people travelling up if theres an aberdeen gig, my flat'll be full !!

Cheers

Stuart