aberdeen-music

Crazy Frog got to number 1 because...

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

1----The record gets released

2----Record company buys substantial amount of the records legitimately

3----Kids see this shitty song rising in the charts and go out to buy

4----Meantime shops struggle with getting enough copies in

5----Record company sells their original stock back to the company as the brand new product making a minimal loss

6----and there you have your wave of recognition and subsequent power buying!

entirely theoretical but it would certainly account for such hefty sales

alternatively the kids are just fuckin idiots

Guest ()Papaspyrou()
I would have to say it's because they are fucking idiots.

That stupid frog would get Winston's fake female foot shoved up it's arse' date=' no questions.[/quote']

Holy shit I was totally going to side with you there but something caught the corner of my eye in your User section

butterfly_hump.JPG

I mean, I dont know about anyone else but my momma told me to stay away from butterfly biffers!!

I'm sticking with my reason for the Crazy Frog triumph you sick cunt!

Record companies have been buying in since the Beatles tho, so it hardly constitutes a new thing now, like it or not Crazy Frog got to number one because people wanted to buy it, same as novelty singles for years. Did Grandma get to number one because of conspiracies or because good novety singles always do well (see Mr Blobby).

Yes it was hyped up but so is every chart single just about,people just wanted to buy it.

Cheers

Stuart

Guest Main Agent

I reckon the t.v. ad did it, the clever use of the black square of censorship made little kids intrigued as to what Crazy Frog's "thing" looked like.

My mates primary school aged kid went online to download it after hearing about it in the playground.

Record companies have been buying in since the Beatles tho' date=' so it hardly constitutes a new thing now...[/quote']

There's a good story about Boyzone when Louis Walsh managed them. The Boyz were starting to get a bit uppity and were arguing with Louis about how successful they'd been, how great they were and it was their talent that did it, not him. He then took each of them, in turn, out to his car and opened the boot to show it literally overflowing with Boyzone CDs.

"That's why yer feckin number one!"

There's a good story about Boyzone when Louis Walsh managed them. The Boyz were starting to get a bit uppity and were arguing with Louis about how successful they'd been' date=' how great they were and it was their talent that did it, not him. He then took each of them, in turn, out to his car and opened the boot to show it literally overflowing with Boyzone CDs.

"That's why yer feckin number one!"[/quote']

must have been a similar story with; akon, mario