aberdeen-music

Acoustic...

PaulDW

• 4 months later...

wot?! Yeh it's very busy at the weekend. It's not a fuckin sports bar it's a pub/live music venue. Under new management yet again and it's opening downstairs (live music) through the week except i think tuesday night is 'Quiz' night an drinks promotions are starting also!

Come along an make your own mind up.

The Open Mic Night is hosted by none other than Simon Gall.

l8r,

Danny. :band:

Guest RockMonkey

The Malt Mill has been a music venue for over ten years at the very least, putting on bands most nights. When I started gigging all those years ago it did tend to favour the covers bands over original musis but I have seen shed loads of bands there.

The open-mike at the Malt Mill went well..........I enjoyed Danny Doubt's set, and some older, "Muso" types deemed it a very good night ( I THINK that's a good thing!). The PA was a bit boomy, however, and didn't seem to like Duncan's cello going into an echo pedal. The hosts did a great job keeping the night flowing. Then they ruined it all by dragging me to The Ministry, which was a most disturbing experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kitchen Cynics................not bright, not young, but definitely a "thing".......................

• 3 weeks later...
Im looking to find come contacts or some info on places that offer acoustic performers gigs?

I am a singer/songwriter and have played a couple of acoustic nights' date=' that have gone very well, and I really want to make the most of it and find other places to play...

Anybody help me out?[/quote']

Contact Andy at the Belmont Cinema. He runs the acoustic nights on wednsdays there, aswell as a night called Kabooki, which goes from venue to venue. Places like drummonds and drakes,

gigs don't pay greatly, but at least people get to hear you!!!

Tell him karaoke martin gave you his name!

Good Luck Mate!!!!