aberdeen-music

fucking ace songs by Statue of Misery.

Chi 666

Well, you gotta admit, even though this thread has been prodominantly based upon pointing out how bad the tracks are, you guys have certainly got a lot of publicity out of it.

Hum...

I think I'll save you from my opinions. I was attempting to write them out the other night when I was drunk, but it kind of turned into an essay full of nitpicking, though all were thoroughly justified. I'll just finish by saying that I didn't like them, mostly because of the lyrics and vocals. The vocals weren't necesserily bad, but they just don't seem to fit in my opinion. Bah.

Onward!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the singing in legs wide open. the rest had potential if you can sort out the horrible sounding guitars (try backing the distortion off slightly' date=' you don't really need as much as you think to be heavy) and a few other things.

it's not good, but it's not the worst thing I've heard in the last month by a long way.[/quote']

thanks for the input. i agree on the uber distortion thing but i dont have to deal with that and dont really know anything about guitar settings or owt.

but in doing so you've made people dislike your music who otherwise may have actully like dit.

its like saying to Metallica "we're better than you" publically. sure, lots of people will flock to listen to you, and you'll get widely listened, it doesnt make you good or people like you.

but in doing so you've made people dislike your music who otherwise may have actully like dit.

its like saying to Metallica "we're better than you" publically. sure' date=' lots of people will flock to listen to you, and you'll get widely listened, it doesnt make you good or people like you.[/quote']

i know i was just making a fuckin catchy title, im sorry for FUCK SAKE. i know it was stupid but i dident know how people would have reacted to it, i have not been on AB music to long. so am sorry i wont do it again, but jesus christ would you let it go.

its like saying to Metallica "we're better than you" publically. sure' date=' lots of people will flock to listen to you, and you'll get widely listened, it doesnt make you good or people like you.[/quote']

thats the point though. how can people decide if they like a bands music by what they say in a forum?

its just a forum, it doesnt matter, it doesnt mean anything. it has nothing to do with our music. nothing i or you say here will change our music. or convince people to like us. either they do or dont.

thats the point though. how can people decide if they like a bands music by what they say in a forum?

its just a forum' date=' it doesnt matter, it doesnt mean anything. it has nothing to do with our music. nothing i or you say here will change our music. or convince people to like us. either they do or dont.[/quote']they can hear the music through the forum and then comment on it, thats how they decide wether they like it or not through a forum. im gonna drop this. cos ive just discovered i am heterosexual.

this is what i meant. people shouldnt be deciding if they like the music by the title of a thread.

• 2 weeks later...
Statue of Misery : The New Identity

wtf i only just read this

anywhoo statue of misery r actually pretty good

but wtf again when have we ever stated that we're great????

and wtf cloud you were the one who was telling people on a post a couple of months ago to see us this year as you put it "go see identity for a new band to the "scene" their pretty intense"

its just a forum' date=' it doesnt matter, it doesnt mean anything. it has nothing to do with our music. nothing i or you say here will change our music. or convince people to like us. either they do or dont.[/quote']

ditto that too, and it shows that cause you know its just a forum, that you've got A life 8)

xx

wtf i only just read this

anywhoo statue of misery r actually pretty good

but wtf again when have we ever stated that we're great????

and wtf cloud you were the one who was telling people on a post a couple of months ago to see us this year as you put it "go see identity for a new band to the "scene" their pretty intense"

:nono: Cloud what's the matter? I'm totally shocked at that! 8o

I mean I consider ya one of our allies and after reading this today, not sure where ya were coming from with that comment.

I can say one thing, this board is unique on one factor......tearing down people who are into music, be their own, or other's....its like a disease to some that they can't cure to trash and pull down people cause they are simply keen on their band or another's band.

Its not a manifestation of big egos, or anything of the like.

Main problem with the internet I've found over the many years I've used it, is the lack of face to face communication and the bravado some gain from this, creates situations of misunderstanding of others.

Again, with SOM like what happened to Identity when they came here to announce gigs, etc.....the presumptions of these guys abounded and are way off base to who they are in the flesh.

Some should take up this motto:

If you've nothing constructive to say, don't say anything at all :cheers:

xx

• 1 month later...