aberdeen-music

Steven Gerrard now staying

Guest tv tanned

Guest tv tanned

I see that Steven Gerrard has decided to stay at Liverpool after saying he wanted to leave.

I loved this bit of the article on the BBC website

But Gerrard has another change of heart after talks with chief executive Rick Parry, who said: "He realises how much the club means to him."

About 100,000 a week, that's how much...

for 35 million i would want a lot more than someone who i also had to give over 100,000 a week too.the money is crazy.i do think that he should go to chelsea though.or liverpool buy lampard.dont see that one happening though.i think those two could win any team the champions league.

I think he will one day play for chelsea either mourinho or abramovich is desperate for him to play for chelsea, now htey have just lost out twice. I think Gerrard will leave Liverpool, I can't see them making hte step up in consistency to win the league and he wants to be at a team that is winnign things every year or at least has a good chance to.

liverpool definately wont be able to win the league, i would of thought that most clubs are going to be struggling against abramovich's millions for the next couple of seasons.i suspect that chelsea might concentrate on the champions league more this season though.with rumours of ronaldo meeting jose in portugal.and they do need a decent striker.

I think he will one day play for chelsea either mourinho or abramovich is desperate for him to play for chelsea' date=' now htey have just lost out twice. I think Gerrard will leave Liverpool, I can't see them making hte step up in consistency to win the league and he wants to be at a team that is winnign things every year or at least has a good chance to.[/quote']

Everyone wants to be part of a winning team, but isn't it partly down to these players, of whom ar rated so highly to make their team win. It's like players who want to leave a club because they have been relegated. I can see why the club would want them off the wage bill, due to the huge drop in money in lower leagues but if a player can do nothing to stop relegation then why should they be the ones to get back in with the big fish while the team who paid their wages have to survive the financial strain of the lower leagues?

i really don't see what he's complaining about. he gets about 80k a week as it is. He plays for his hometown club, he's the captain of the team he's supported since he was a boy(most kids biggest dream), he's won every single club honour except the Premiership at Liverpool. what more does he want? a fuckin pay rise? jesus, show how much he loves the club and take a pay cut and extend his contract... its the least the fucker could do after all this piss arsing around.

on another note, i'm delighted he's staying, but see if he decides in January that he's leaving.... then he's officially a cunt!

anyway, to his on-field antics(and in response to him being over-rated) i agree, but only to an extent. we have to look at things in perspective here. Gerrard is only 25 years old, he's got another 8-10 years of football left in him... and whats exciting is, that he's yet to hit a peak. in the next 2-3 years he's gonna be at his best. His all round game still needs some work(name a player who's perfect?) but his work rate can't be doubted if you ask me.... this, however, can also be his biggest let down. He loves the team.... but he tries to do everything. defend... run at players.... score all the goals. makes for good football.... but makes me a bit frustrated(i'm a Liverpool fan if you haven't already guessed). Give Rafa another season or two with him though and we'll have the best all round midfielder in the world.

as for transfers, Rafa looks to have picked up where Houllier left off and signed some right guff. Reina looks to be an interesting aquisition, but Mark Gonzalez is currently injured, he'll be back in september, but we're looking at xmas before he's ready to play full games. Barragan is a youngster so i doubt we'll see him this season(or not much anyway). Zenden has kinda got a mixed feeling from me, ok, he's got experience at the highest level and he's gonna be about 10 times better than the shitebag that is Harry Kewell, but Zenden? pft.... guff!

anyway.... this has gone off topic a bit. but yeah... Gerrard... woo