aberdeen-music

Closed threads

Guest Bob

It's getting a bit silly with all the thread closures again, I understand problem threads being closed, but closing a thread because it's "served its purpose"... how had the Girl's Not Grey thread served its purpose exactly? And even then wouldn't it just be better to let people finish discussing the topic and then allow it to drift to the bottom of the wasteland pile instead of this constant thread-locking regime? Can't the mods just relax a little and let people discuss topics like these? If someone was "faking" their persona on the boards then if it's in the wasteland it's perfectly understandable for people to want to talk about it, and even for whoever to perhaps post on the thread with their own side of the story.

The search for job satisfaction. There hasn't been much grief lately so the policing is turning to ever more trivial issues... until eventually the cure becomes the new ailment, begetting revolution, a rapid descent into feudalism, then ultimately the dawning of a new golden age of SPAM.

I can't understand why people are complaining so much. All of these threads have been pointless, posted by people only a tad short of moronic and have "CLOSED" written all over them in Courier New. If you want to discuss why Instore is a prick then PM it to whoever cares.

Why was this bad boy closed?

It's original wasteland material' date=' like back in the olden days...[/quote']

That thread is absolute comedy. Just about every single post in it is funny.

It's understandable for slanging match threads to get locked (although they're always fun), but closing that thread was completely needless. The closing post might as well have said "there'll be no fun during MY shift thankyouverymuch."

posting nonsense messages' date=' such as the two I closed yesterday, won't be tolerated.[/quote']

That reeks of powertripping. By the Almighty.

Every single post on this web site uses both disk space and utilises bandwidth. I agree we are seeing cases now of where threads containing nonsense are now being closed when in the past they would have sometimes be left alone. There is a simple explanation for this. We now have more moderators and in my opinion, much better moderators. So the job of forum moderation is getting done better and more often.

In the threads mentioned I cannot see any value whatsoever that they add to the forum or the web site in general - even by The Wasteland's low standards. By closing these threads (and ultimately deleting them - because all threads in The Wasteland will ultimately be deleted over time remember) we make sure they don't continue and bump up in the forum and use even more resources on the web site. Not to mention waste the time of people unfortunate enough to decide to view them expecting to find something worthwhile contained within.

If people are seriously getting worked up about over this then you seriously need to consider why you are visiting this web site. I seem to recall it's called aberdeen-music.com. Not pointlesscrap.com. There are hundreds if not thousands of forums on the Internet that consist of pretty much nothing but crap just go post there instead if that is what you are looking for but please don't do it here.