aberdeen-music

Anyone know

it's offically going to be at the aberdeen exhibition centre. i know this because i work there and it needed lots of staff. email read:

"I had recently sent out a mail saying that the Live 8 Concert was not going to be taking place on the 6th of July here. WELL I can NOW say that it has been rescheduled and it WILL be coming now"

so go there and spend some money

So the dates are and times??

Thanks. I would of liked it outside like Free at the Dee, but just wanted to know if Aberdeen was doing something to show its support of the Make Proverty History campaign.

ta

it's offically going to be at the aberdeen exhibition centre. i know this because i work there and it needed lots of staff. email read:

"I had recently sent out a mail saying that the Live 8 Concert was not going to be taking place on the 6th of July here. WELL I can NOW say that it has been rescheduled and it WILL be coming now"

when I heard that I just thought how rich to be making them with the wording. Imagine you were the poor sod in the workshop. :down:

I got the weird feeling they would be made in sweatshops, I don't know why.

Naturally... it's been kept relatively quiet in the press... wouldn't want to make the organisers look like hypocrites.

I think it's a good cause... but I won't buy the wristbands based on the fact they don't represent the cause and now only function as a fashion essential. I have converse... I'm already supporting the 'sweatshop' cause... I don't need the wristband to match it.

Honestly, it's obscene they let it happen.

Del - I know... must be the summer heat, eh? :)

So the dates are and times??

Thanks. I would of liked it outside like Free at the Dee' date=' but just wanted to know if Aberdeen was doing something to show its support of the Make Proverty History campaign.

ta[/quote']

Why don't they just take all the money (it'll be thousands at least, probably into five figures) that is set aside to pay for the rigging, video, sound and personnel and donate that instead.

That to me is a much better use of funds and shows more support for the campaign than letting a bunch of Aberdonians look at something on a big screen surrounded by overpriced drinks and burgers.

Will spending money on the AECCs bottles of Budweiser (3 quid a pop) help reduce global poverty?

Why don't they just take all the money (it'll be thousands at least' date=' probably into five figures) that is set aside to pay for the rigging, video, sound and personnel and donate that instead.

That to me is a much better use of funds and shows more support for the campaign than letting a bunch of Aberdonians look at something on a big screen surrounded by overpriced drinks and burgers.[/quote']

that's kind of how i feel about live 8 in general.

that's kind of how i feel about live 8 in general.

I think the concerts themselves have done their job already. The sole reason was to raise awareness and get people talking, which they've done. The actual concerts are now just a sideshow.

I shudder to think of the amount of money being spent around Britain to relay the concert to well-fed, well-educated people though. If it's being shown on TV there is absolutely no justification for it. I'm sure no ones quality of life is going to suffer because they can't watch it surrounded by a couple of thousand other bleating sheep. On the other hand all that money could significantly improve a lot of peoples lives.

Concerts=good

Relaying concerts to tens of thousands of fat sheep at the cost of hundreds of thousands of pounds=bad

Is there any evidence that the bands are made in sweat shops?

I agree on the bands being more about fashion than promoting any cause' date=' although i think hte MPH ones are slightly better, at least most people know what cause they are meant to be for, unlike all hte other various coloured ones.[/quote']

I just read about it in the paper and heard the odd bit of office gossip on it. I couldn't tell you anything in great detail. There was something in The Sun about it and also the Mail and The Times. Must have been about a month ago.