aberdeen-music

What's more fascinating?

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

eh? Not fasconating!?!

Well I think it is.

come on! forty million times more powerful than the sun!!

In candle power, I wouldn't hesitate as to hazard the approximate value to something in the region of: 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 +/- 000,000,000,000,000,000,200

What interests you in terms of intergalacticity?

eh? Not fasconating!?!

Well I think it is.

come on! forty million times more powerful than the sun!!

In candle power' date=' I wouldn't hesitate as to hazard the approximate value to something in the region of: 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 +/- 000,000,000,000,000,000,200

What interests you in terms of intergalacticity?[/quote']

What is it exactly??

Ally xxxxxxxx

eh? Not fasconating!?!

What interests you in terms of intergalacticity?

Space. Space is really huge, you might think its a long way down to the chemist on the high street but that's nothing compared to space.

My interests are in pnuematically enhanced babes with laser guns fighting scary aliens. Flying cool space ships through black holes and entering a new dimension.

that'd be cool.

Oh, and the babes win. That goes without saying.

Pete

I can't think about space and stuff' date=' it freaks me out. I just can't comprehend it at all. So i prefer just to pretend it doesn't actually exist.[/quote']

I think most people wouldn't think about it day to day because it is so hard to cmprehend. I watched a documentary on giant galaxy swallowing black holes a few weeks ago <it had been on BBC a couple of years ago so sky must just have got hold of it> and they were saying that the milky way could have one at the center...I mean come on...how freaky is that!

...same sort of documentary did a piece on dimensions. They think there might be heaps...I'll hazard a guess that it was 12... 8 spacial <or round about that>...then 3 time and so on. Apprently many universes could exsist side by side each with different rules of physics. Sort of like the idea where you can walk through a mirror into an alternate universe...just that instead of one there might be an infinite number. They concluded by saying you could perhaps create a universe on earth...even in a basement, but, they weren't sure wether it would co-exsist beside our universe or devour/displace it...big head fuck.

As far as I'm aware, it's the general consensus that there is a super black hole at the centre of the milky way. Our galaxy is a large one in a relatively infant state. Spiral galaxies are believed to form, at least in the theories that I have read, when one or more smaller galaxies collide and the collision is not direct. The resulting gravitational forces create a whirlpool type effect. Because of this, our galaxy is rotational and has rotated around 15 times in its life so far. These rotations are called galactic years.

The milky way is still consuming smaller galaxies and their stars around the halo (black hole) region... so our galaxy is still growing/forming. For the most part however, we can't see much of the growth of our home galaxy because of all the dust and debris.

At some point the milky way will collide with the similarly huge andromeda galaxy, and the black hole created then will be rather large indeed. This new super galaxy will not be a spiral galaxy and probably not as aesthetically pleasing.

There is also the possibility that over a very very long time that even black holes can die naturally and cease to exist. Nothing lasts forever.

Oh, and that big sun thing is quite interesting I suppose.