aberdeen-music

f.a.o people who have used foyer music...

guts to spill

just looking to get some feedback on the facilities at aberdeen foyer's music room.

for people who have practised and/or recorded there, what did you think of it? do you prefer it to other similar places in town? what do you think could make the music room better? what other facilities would you like to see there?

i'm doing a work placement there at the moment and i'm doing a project to find out what people think of it and how it could be improved.

just looking to get some feedback on the facilities at aberdeen foyer's music room.

for people who have practised and/or recorded there' date=' what did you think of it? do you prefer it to other similar places in town? what do you think could make the music room better? what other facilities would you like to see there?

i'm doing a work placement there at the moment and i'm doing a project to find out what people think of it and how it could be improved.[/quote']

We used to practice there in Dos Dedos and the practice facilities were great - the room was really good, probably better than Toms for sound, the equipment was generally top stuff, it was reasonably priced, and it had a coffee machine and tables for playing cards and smoking. :love: I would recommend it to any band for practicing.

We recorded a demo there though which didn't come out sounding very good, however I can think of one obvious reason why a Dos Dedos CD wouldn't sound very good.....

This was like 2-3 years ago now though, I haven't been in since so it could be all change now.

i prefer it to captain toms or anywere like that. firsty, its real cheap, the people there are helpful and its easy to get to. doesn't compare to our old practise room above a chippy cos we could use that for as long as we wanted each night til all the bands that used it got evicted cos of the noise :(

Used it once and was impressed with the sound, cos its alot better than the sound at Tom's, no offense to Captain Tom! My mate told me it lacked atmosphere but I suppose that isn't too imporatnt to me. I was a bit miffed with the fact that the Marshall amp I was using had a gain knob on the clean channel, that's me being picky but it still had a good sound. You can't argue with the price compared to other places. Overall a fun filled experience and I will be there on Friday!