aberdeen-music

Ebay problems

Fluffy

I am just curious if anyone has had problems with sellers etc on ebay and if/how they got it resolved?

i bought somethine start of last week but have not recived it or had any contact with the seller. i have given the seller until the end of this week to respind other wise i am making a claim/complaint.

anyone else done this, how far did you get? thanks :)

Once I bought some concert tickets and they hadn't arrived two days before hand so I called directory enquiries and got his phone number and called him. Not sure if you're allowed to do that actually... other times I've just emailed and it's been okay. If the selling description didn't have any details of stuff like the seller being away, or a number of days within which they send stuff, I'd say to do as you suggested, waiting until the end of the week and then complaining.

i'm still waiting on 2 pairs of shoes i bought from a guy last summer. he was one of the e-bay stores and every time i asked him about them he'd e-mail back saying that he'd had the package returned and was i sure i hadn't had anything from customs. thought that was a bit dubious because if i'd sold something and it had been returned by the shipping company i'd contact the buyer right away and let them know, not just wait till the buyer contacted me wondering where their shit was. final straw was when he refused to give me a shipping reference number, saying he didn't have one. i'm gonna get a lawyer involved because it was a hundred dollars worth of merch. e-bay and paypal did nothing to help.

I had to harass Buddyhead for about 6 months before I finally got my 'Plague Soundscapes' t-shirt that I won in an auction from them. I was already pissed off that they hadn't just sent it with my orange 7" Burning Brides/Icarus Line split [covering Misfits songs no less!] as that would have saved me postage costs and might have been inclined to let it slide but I kept getting drunk and remembering about it late at night and sending waffline e-mails to the people concerned.

It was worth it in the end as I got my t-shirt and can be seen wandering around aimlessly wearing it every so often...

i won the bid for a telecaster but they sent me a strat instead, not really caring cos the strat is fucking ace. However ive generally not had probs with ebay...but you do have to be more patient than just a week and some ebayers dont communicate too well either.

The only problem I've had is that nobody will by my fucking stuff! I just want rid of it!

I once had to wait for about 3 weeks for a James Kochalka Superstar album I bought on ebay and I was pretty pissed off until I got a letter with the cd from the seller saying he was really sorry but he'd left the cd back home while he was at uni and it had taken him a while to get it sent. Which I thought was really nice.

I usually only buy stuff on ebay from the "thingsfromhere" shop and they're always ace!