aberdeen-music

Send More Paramedics support......

Mordred

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're having us on.... right??

Mmm no i was reading The Sunday Mail today and saw an advert for the gig.

I couldn't read the support but it looked like Send More Paramedics.

Looked at the SMP site - NOTHING

Checked the Offspring website and got this:-

Manchester And Glasgow Shows Confirmed

(06/17/05) Shows in Manchester and Glasgow will go on sale this weekend. Send More Paramedics will open these shows as well. Dates and ticket purchase info below' date=' use these exclusive links to buy tickets.

[center']The Offspring Website

So no im not having you on :D

Guest Page 99

Right..... well okay then. Just not the first choice of bands whom I thought would support for the offspring, but I suppose it'll get some kids into better music.

how odd. their still supporting the likes of Paint it Black and Pipedown in 300 capacity venues but are gonna support The Offspring to 1000's :o You'd think they'd bring someone on Nitro to support. If The Damned supported it'd be ace.

The question is how did they manage to get the support for The Offspring?

Saying that they played second on the sunday at The Download Festival, Snickers stage so someone's doing there job right :up:

I dont know im just happy a british band is getting the exposure, im more likely to go knowing SMP are support so it works that way.

I do think mixed bills genrally work and i'd imagine this bill would work ok saying that Motley Crue and Killing Joke last week was a disaster :nono:

Guest Page 99
Your non topic related replies are child like' date=' please fuck off and play with your toy car or something ;)[/quote']

Haha coming from a guy who pissed and moaned about 'metal' not being played in record stores.

Really if you could even bother to use that grey matter which is meant to inhabit your skull you could quite easily see that there are advantages to S.M.P playing with the Offspring. i.e. giving kids who have no real acess to this type of music a more direct route into hardcore and thrash, if they take to S.M.P that is. But then I forgot that nobody is allowed to listen to 'underground' music ;)

Haha coming from a guy who pissed and moaned about 'metal' not being played in record stores.

Really if you could even bother to use that grey matter which is meant to inhabit your skull you could quite easily see that there are advantages to S.M.P playing with the Offspring. i.e. giving kids who have no real acess to this type of music a more direct route into hardcore and thrash' date=' if they take to S.M.P that is. But then I forgot that nobody is allowed to listen to 'underground' music ;)[/quote']

Stop living in past topics, what the fuck has my other posts got to do with this? NOTHING.

So don't come to me with your bullshit. You're telling me to use my grey matter when infact your posting shit that has no arguement on this thread oh please, get a clue.

Advantages? So smp starts playing with bigger name bands like the shitspring and thus going by your argument the smaller lable looses it's revenue simply down to the fact that a bigger lable has signed them. What's the advantage in your argument?

Smp are more metal orientated, offspring are a americanised trend. For the main people who listen to bands like the offspring simply don't look at bands like smp. I say this because in aberdeen there is a divide between alot of the sceners and the metal fans.

That just goes to prove my point that in general whenever a metal band plays aberdeen it gets little response and yet when any trend band from other genres comes there is a far bigger turnout. So does this not tell you something? Two different styles equal two different audiences

Nobody is allowed to listen to underground music? Where the fuck do you get off? When did i state this? I don't even know why i'm even trying to explain myself, simply down to the

fact that obviously you have made up this crap and yet again you go on so called past topics which have nothing to do with this. Yet again proving how igsignificant your thoughts really are. I endorse people that widen their musical spectrum. A statistic that simply isn't the case for the aberdeen scene as a whole.

Why do you compare hardcore and thrash? Hardcore is a trend thrash never has and never will be a trend? Yet more of your shortcomings again. Looks like i have listened to music alot more than you have. Your argument is flawed. You really are an idiot

Rune are your post siginificant to anyone ? I really Doubt it

Does anyone really care what you think ? I Really Doubt It

are you a complete tool? Yes

"For the main people who listen to bands like the offspring simply don't look at bands like smp. I say this because in aberdeen there is a divide between alot of the sceners and the metal fans."

this is complete shite i don't go to alot of punk gigs in Aberdeen simply because i do not like the bands that are playing and this is probably the same for most other people who listen to metal in Aberdeen.

i am a big fan of metal and i love the offspring

so fuck you

your arguement is is flawed.

You really are an elitest fuckwit.

Leave.

Rune are your post siginificant to anyone ? I really Doubt it

Does anyone really care what you think ? I Really Doubt It

are you a complete tool? Yes

"For the main people who listen to bands like the offspring simply don't look at bands like smp. I say this because in aberdeen there is a divide between alot of the sceners and the metal fans."

this is complete shite i don't go to alot of punk gigs in Aberdeen simply because i do not like the bands that are playing and this is probably the same for most other people who listen to metal in Aberdeen.

i am a big fan of metal and i love the offspring

so fuck you

your arguement is is flawed.

You really are an elitest fuckwit.

Leave.

Why is it then alot of metal bands that come to aberdeen only come once?

It's because there isn't the audience or the demand you complete arsehole.

I have attended many metal gigs in aberdeen for years and years, you know nothing.

So people who like bands like pig destroyer would go see green day or such likes fuck off and get an idea

Well i love Pig Destroyer and also love The Offspring and i own two Green Day albums.

Its called being open minded .... sorry you wouldn't know about this

am i no longer allowed to listen to metal or go to metal gigs?

Fuck off man get back on topic

anyone planning on getting the megabus or would somone like to give me a lift

I am willing to suck cock

Why do you compare hardcore and thrash? Hardcore is a trend thrash never has and never will be a trend? Yet more of your shortcomings again. Looks like i have listened to music alot more than you have. Your argument is flawed. You really are an idiot
emmm,I'd say Thrash was a pretty fucking big trend in the 80s. The whole Bay Area movement, and the cheesier side coming from germany. So stop speaking out your arse.

And proper hardcore is no longer a trend as it once was. this new shit is not fucking hardcore. It's modern metal or some bollocks.

And of course you can compare the two. The whole new thrashcore movement thats hitting britain. Bands like Valhalla Pacifists, Duck Stab, Flyblown, Fighting Shit, Atomgevitter, Cobra the Enemy, Fighting Cougars and dare I say it, Filthpact. They call it thrash. They love it. Its basically old school hardcore, DIY mixed in with grinding thrashy riffs at ridiulous speeds. Songs like "Thrash or Die", "Thrash or Fuck Off", and my favourtie by VP, "Optimus Prime Listens To Thrash". People can mix all they fucking want.

Also, SMP being more metal orientated? Thats utter bollocks. They're pretty much a hardcore band with ideas from old school thrash and horror movies. look at the whole 'Zombie Crew' thing.

Also, if somebody wants to go see Green Day and they also like Pig Destroyer, who the fuck is there to stop them? For all you know, JR Hayes himself or Scott Hull might like Green Day. Pull your head oot yer arse mate. Plus, you said " I endorse people that widen their musical spectrum" which you obviously fucking don't if you're saying pxdx fans cant go see Green Day.

You're a fucking twat.

Well i love Pig Destroyer and also love The Offspring and i own two Green Day albums.

Its called being open minded .... sorry you wouldn't know about this

am i no longer allowed to listen to metal or go to metal gigs?

Fuck off man get back on topic

anyone planning on getting the megabus or would somone like to give me a lift

I am willing to suck cock

You're telling me to get on topic, talk about speaking shit as it was you who went off topic at the start. So tell me this then, why aren't bands from the metal scene making as much profit as bands like offspring. It's because alot of people just don't like the sound.

You cannot compare pop punk band sales to the sales of the metal scene as a comparison.

The figures don't add up. That's why major lables put lots more money into the pop punk scene as it sells more than the metal scene.

I don't care about the amount of sale between bands i know what i like i know what i don't.

I am quite aware that punk is favoured over metal in Aberdeen and y'know what i don't care.

Hence why i travel to Glasgow to see bands its makes the experiance that little bit better.

So yeah will there be any other support bands?