aberdeen-music

Liverpool Champions League winners :D

kirkt

What a game... So gutted at half time then went mental at the end! I've never experienced anything like it at all... Still waiting to talk to my dad. He was there!!!!!

My mate says that one of the things he will remember most is observing me sit in total silence for about half an hour before the game. So bloody nervous... Apparently they were on "suicide watch" at half-time. Gits.

Anyone else notice that Liverpool always do the best finals? This seasons Carling Cup aside (we were rubbish), there's the Owen FA Cup, Uefa Cup and now this!

Had a bottle of champagne to celebrate. Hopefully not getting too expensive tastes...

And did anyone see this banner? "WELL DONE AGENT GLAZER. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED."

Guest tv tanned

Am I alone in thinking that a team which has not won its domestic league since 1990 winning the CHAMPIONS League devalues the competition significantly?

Its nothing but a distorted money making exercise to ensure that rich clubs stay rich and poor clubs cannot break into the upper echelons as in the past.

I mean well done Liverpool, I was genuinely gobsmacked, but its about time someone looked at exactly what the purpose of this competition is meant to be.

Best footie match I've ever seen by a fucking mile! Supported Liverpool since I was 7 and its about time we won the European Cup again, the 6 minute spell where we scored 3 goals gave me a bigger high than any drug ever, incredible stuff. Was so pleased to see AC Milan look gutted, Kaka, Shevchenko, Maldini, Rui Costa and Dida are all such arrogant (but amazing) players and they were all mouthing off before the game about how they had so much more than Liverpool, they might well have done, but not on the night! Plus Steven Gerrard showed the world why he's one of the best players in the game.

Now Uefa need to stop talking shite and let the Champions defend their title!

COME ON THE REDS!

Mike

If anything I suppose this game keeps the old cliche alive that it really is a game of two halves. Milan were absolutely superb in the first half and really outclassed liverpool, made them look out of their depth. The third goal was fantastic. I like everyone else thought it was over at half time, but Liverpool quickly turned the tables, the milan players clearly didn't get setlled quickly after any of the goals and liverpool just kept on the pressure. One thing I must say though is that it was never a penalty, but that doesn't matter now. The game seemed destined for penalties once it reached 3-3 and i always thought Milan's only chance was to stop it from getting there and Shevchenko had the perfect chance but dudek was unbelievable. Liverpool coming from behind were always going to be in the better frame of mind for the penalties, and italians don't exactly have a good record at penalties. Dida was way off his line, but so are most keepers when it comes to penalties, referees will really need to clamp down sooner or later to stop it.

As for the champions league argument, Liverpool don't really have a right of complaint as the rules have been their from the beggining and if the rules were to be changed it should be for next season not affecting this one. You can't forget that Liverpool wont be the first team to lose out with this rule. Five teams from one country in the competition would be a lot, whether i'd like it back to only the champions, i'm not sure. I used to be heavily in favour of it, but the excitement of the competition makes me think it is maybe ok as it is. Then again if it were only champions then the uefa cup would really be something of value again and hey we could maybe even take back the cup winners cup.

Am I alone in thinking that a team which has not won its domestic league since 1990 winning the CHAMPIONS League devalues the competition significantly?

Its nothing but a distorted money making exercise to ensure that rich clubs stay rich and poor clubs cannot break into the upper echelons as in the past.

I mean well done Liverpool' date=' I was genuinely gobsmacked, but its about time someone looked at exactly what the purpose of this competition is meant to be.[/quote']

How can a team showing the team spirit and mental strength of Liverpool winning the competition possibly devalue it?

If it was all about who the best technical side was, why bother playing any matches? A piece of paper and a pencil would sort that out.

Football is a team game and requires the right mindset to play at the highest level. The way Milan seemed to collapse mentally under adversity maybe shows that, while having better technical skills, they may need to brush up on the psychological aspects of professional sport.

The better players lost but the better team won.