aberdeen-music

New Slipknot Song

Talk about an absolute peach of a song. Just saw the video on the telly but it's nothing to write home about. Initially you think they're actually going to unmask but they end up looking like a generic emo band with a white background an complexions with their faces.

"Y'know guys, lets make everyone think we're unmasking properly, but we wont... lol"

- Corey Taylor, 2005

I think the whole album, Vol. 3 is absolutely amazing and much better than the grind shit they churned out the first twice, although i'd like to hear the funk sound edge back in on their next disc. Any other opinions on the new 'noot?

I went off them when Iowa was released...

But i can still dig the stuff on mate feed kill repeat' date=' complete with jazz/disco/funk breakdowns. Maybe thats where dillenger got their ideas from....

*hides from angry hxc kids*[/quote']

Argh man, it was like Incubus with blast beats :down:

i'd like to hear the funk sound edge back in on their next disc

i hope they dont release another album.

They are at the absolute peak of what they're doing just now, i think another album will just see them going down the same route of mediocrity like all the other bands from that whole "era". See anything post-'Follow the Leader' Korn for a perfect example.

Mind you, they said they were only going to do three albums, so i guess if you count from when they became huge, they have released three now, plus the mask gimmick is all but gone, i'll be sad to see them go, but i'd rather they did as one of my favourite bands ever than becoming another band that "used to be great".

Subliminal Verses is sheer brilliance. The Album, The Singles, The Videos. It's ALL Good.

Subliminal Verses is sheer brilliance. The Album' date=' The Singles, The Videos. It's ALL Good.[/quote']

Can't disagree there, except from the new video, as i think it's pretty mince. Although the album's sound is mixed well i rekon that the mixes for the Telly are a cut above. It's also ace to hear a band that produced two thrashy / noise albums release something as technically perfect and musically amazing like Vol. 3 although i wonder how many of the hardcore fans they've isolated by doing so.

In all honesty i dont give a shit about these so called 'hard-core fans'. Its that breed of person that thinks every album must be the sonic equivelant of the last, those kind of people who think Iowa was 'selling out'.... no i think you'll find if slipknot had got Chad Kroger to write their new album it would of been selling out.... or shite..... or both.

Like these people who think that Metallica should of just re-recorded Master of Puppets 5 times instead of of the black album onwards, ok some of that wasnt so great, but i'd rather see a band move onwards than spend 10/20 years writing the same album but a little different.

Oh, and Re:the videos, yeah Before i Forget isn't the greatest, but Vermillion pt1 is by far one of my favourite videos of all time, so that brings the overall video mark destinctly up!