aberdeen-music

Bands Wanted!!

Hi There,

I think the Ascension boys with some people we know down in L/Kirk are going to put on a local gig down there at the St. Lawrence Hall, either on the 25th of June or the 2nd of July I think...

Anyway, we are looking to put on around 5 bands of differing styles if possible, so If you would like to come down and play and have a rockin night then PM me and leave your details on here....

Thanks,

Doc

we might be ok for the second date in july

cant do the june one tho

any idea which is likelyest?

sounds like the wierd type of village-hall-in-oddball-town-gig we like

will there be goats, an improvised female ultimate fighting championship and a lock in till 10am the next day? (standard for village stylee gigs)

our fee would be two bottles of ASDA merlot and a selection of crisps (quavers prefferred)

Guest Scorge Spike

I reckon the July date is more likely. Will confirm probably tomorrow.

PM's to Doc or myself, and we'll see what we can do........

Most likely is the July date to be honest, but I'm just about to phone and see when it's available.

Yeh its gonna be a town hall type gig with BYOB and much rockin... always love those type of gigs.

Thanks for all the interest guys, I'll be in touch with everyone to see what gets sorted. I must warn that there's probably not a huge amount of money in it, once i've hired a PA and stuff we'll just split whats left over from tickets so we'll see, but yes thanks for all the interest!

Jamesy, I think this is probably the first ever time we have posted on the same thread without it being a flame war... impressive!

Guest Scorge Spike

Oh, and by the way, the St Laurence Hall looks like this (pictured, along with Maiden Taiwan where a youthful Doc, Wilk, and me can be spotted).....

140tai1.JPG

Ok chaps thanks for the response... It's gonna be booked for Saturday 25th of June...

Bands interested so far can you confirm once again this date with me....

Spike Pile Driver

Deadloss ??

The Videos

Crashdown

Iomega

The cost of the booking is going to be something in the region of 60, and unless someone has got a PA that we could use we will have to hire one aswell .... which means the chances of getting a considerable amount of money for it are slim but its just for fun!!

Music will run prob from 8-12 or 7-12, not sure yet, but I think 7-12 would be better as more bands could then play and more people would come!

If any of the bands has a PA that they would be ok with using that would be awesome, just get in touch.... my mob is 07947 215936 anyway!

I have a half stack that will be useable, but we can sort out the rest of the equipment later!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
So Spike will be able to play through their whole repetoir at least 3 times! :D heheheh

Cheeky buggor. I'm well up for this one Doc, as are Kirk and (obviously) Scorge. Hog tells me he can do it, would he be so kind as to confirm here. This may be the first leg of a two-date UK tour, assuming we're still playing the Tunnels the following night!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
err anytime you guys like' date=' from first to second last - running order undecided yet so you could prob go on first or second then scoot back up the road?[/quote']

First's probably best Doc, get the noisy shit out of the way first, eh? Leaves us the rest of the night to get munted. Maybe best for Ascension to go on last or second last, give Scorge the rest his paws will be needing.

well possibly... i'm not really fussed - i find you guys genuinly entertaining to watch, I don't get much out of if musically since I love my guitar melodies and power metal... however I do like the passion, speed and scorgie's drumming, and of course the banter!! looking forward to hearing this 2 minute song... but Ascension will prob be on last so anything is fine other than that!

Guest Scorge Spike
st laurence hall gigs again. off the hook!

/x

It's proper DIY! And if FesTr are all free, we'd make a chasm of space for ye.......

Bri, PM on the way.......

i'd absolutely have loved to but i don't get back from holiday until the 1st of july and i'm starting a new job and graduating and stuff that week so getting organised would be a nightmare. if there's a chance tho, i'll shoot up the road and come along to show my support. the ones i organised in the past were always an absolute blast! quik, liber8, de Barros, FeSTR, black atom, maiden taiwan, hot mangu. back then we were kings!!

/x