aberdeen-music

Ryan Adams - cold roses

-matthEw-

absolutely fucking brilliant to say the least!!! His voice is awesome on it and there are few 'album fillers'.. the only criticism I can have about it is the cheesiness of the L.U.V song.. perhaps he should have done a foo fighters-esque double cd of one cd acoustic and the other good ol' rock n roll.. He should definitely stick to acoustic though. Gold was good, if not slightly overrated and Rock N' Roll goes by the same standards.. Ryan Adams is all about havin a Jack Daniels whilst slowly dragging on a Marlboro... Keep the dream alive!

I listened to it several times on his website, then just had to go out and buy it! It's great, a welcome return to form here after Rock and roll and Love is Hell. I think he's sounding more and more like Neil Young, but that's not a criticism. Also there is definitely a Grateful Dead influence on some tracks too.

I listened to it several times on his website' date=' then just had to go out and buy it! It's great, a welcome return to form here after Rock and roll and Love is Hell. I think he's sounding more and more like Neil Young, but that's not a criticism. Also there is definitely a Grateful Dead influence on some tracks too.[/quote']

Love is Hell is great. Possibly my favourite album(s) by him. Give it another go!

Rock and Roll though :down:

Guest Gasss

Just had a listen on his website. Magnolia Mountain is my favourite Neil Young pastiche since "At least that's what you said" by Wilco. I love Neil Young. And Neil Young pastiches.