aberdeen-music

Cinema in Aberdeen?

rufus13th

that certain dockside tavern is only allowed to show films on the proviso that it doesn't publicise that it is showing films. i'm sure if you were to pm the certain proprietor though' date=' they'd be able to tell you.[/quote']

It is permissable to advertise within the premises but nothing external. So a list of forthcoming films plus dates and times films may appear on a chalkboard at sometime in the near future.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

I've been to the cinema maybe once in the last ten years or so. I've never seen the appeal of them, I just wait until the DVD/video is released. I can then watch it in peace and quiet without some inconsiderate cunt coughing all the time or snuffling their way through a mountain of popcorn. Plus this way I can smoke and drink to my heart's content. It's difficult to relax where there's restrictions.

I've been looking forward to Millions for about a year now. I am utterly jealous. Let me know if it's awesome.

just back. really reall enjoyed it and so did the rest of the crowd. i was shocked at how busy it was, considering what it's been like the past few days.

danny boyle is a lovely guy too. he was really good with the audience and loved answering questions about things from shallow grave, right through to millions and when i was chatting to him afterwards, he was even happy bantering about his new thing sunshine (which is based on the most ridiculous idea ever) and about the ALIEN film he was meant to direct.

good bloke, great film

spoons

/x

the whole cinema thing is so expensive, its much better just to download a film, watch it, if its good buy it when it comes out and then you can watch it whenever you want...instead of paying like 5 plus extra for food.. just to see the film once.... it all seems pretty stupid to me...

~Ricky's One Man Band~

just back. really reall enjoyed it and so did the rest of the crowd. i was shocked at how busy it was' date=' considering what it's been like the past few days.

danny boyle is a lovely guy too. he was really good with the audience and loved answering questions about things from shallow grave, right through to millions and when i was chatting to him afterwards, he was even happy bantering about his new thing sunshine (which is based on the most ridiculous idea ever) and about the ALIEN film he was meant to direct.

good bloke, great film

spoons

/x[/quote']

Wow. That is awesome. Things like that never happen here. can't wait for the movie.

it's a real bonus of working down here. there are a fair few famous faces in and out every now and then. the only other Q&A was The Downfall but it was just a couple of historians. luckily the quality of the film more than made up for it.

there was also the Episode III press show on friday which i would have attended had it not been for an exam. some of the boys went and said it was superb. they even had a staff screening of that the previous night. stuff like that is great.

but either way, having a cast pass is the best thing ever. i start a sabbatical on july 1st but i'm trying at the moment to negotiate a contract with really short hours so i can do both and keep the old cast pass. the savings it gives you mean far more than the money i'd be making.

how long u worked there?

spoons

/x

two years this july. i'm transferring to West India Quay for three months which I'm really excited about. It should be really interesting to be at another site for a while.

I haven't been to see much at all lately. I've been working almost full time since i finished college last june and sometimes the last thing I want to do is be there.

We have Staff Wednesday's though where we screen whatever's coming out that weekend and lots of people go to those. It's ace.

two years this july. i'm transferring to West India Quay for three months which I'm really excited about. It should be really interesting to be at another site for a while.

I haven't been to see much at all lately. I've been working almost full time since i finished college last june and sometimes the last thing I want to do is be there.

We have Staff Wednesday's though where we screen whatever's coming out that weekend and lots of people go to those. It's ace.

rather than specific staff days, we do staff screenings of the big stuff just before it opens. it's not even all the big stuff, just what we have time to fit in.

i can't imagine working at another site. our place is just absolute carnage all the time. it's so big that staff just run amock and it's so easy to get away with whatever damage you cause!!

me and the wife typically go to see 2 films on a saturday so i've seen a fair heap of stuff this year but over the last month it's been exam season so it's been cut a bit.

there's nothing like being up to your elbows in cheese sauce tho!! all that changes when cineworld ditch the serving and move to pots!! it's gonna be a sad day! :(

/x

Really? I didn't know that about the cheese!! That's awesome. I hate that stuff.

I hear that your site are buggers for not putting your tills on breaks. My manager said that last time she was there she put everyone's tills on breaks when they were away and they called upstairs to say their tills were broken. HAHAHA. I'm sure you're more clever than that.

we have a LOT of problems down here, that's just one of them. we have 4 full snacks levels in the place and yet it's very seldom that you'll find one with all the equipment working. for example, there are 3 tills per level and usually 2 share a printer and one has a solo printer but when you get a day that the printer shared between the 2 is broken, the person on the other till cant put it on break when they head off, otherwise we can't take cards!

another problem is that they emply a lot of complete arseholes! i don't mean that from the perspective of not being nice people, because the vast majority of our staff are lovely, but too many of them do no work and that, coupled with the fact that it's easy to get away with doing fuck all makes it a nightmare for those who actually work. so the apathy spreads and we're left in a mess!!

as for the cheese sauce, apparently we're moving to little sealed pots of the stuff so we give them out instead of pouring it. should save time and mess when it comes to cleaning up!! apparently cineworld do it that way.

/x

Yeah we have a lot of useless staff who like taking really long breaks. It doesn't bother me when it's quiet, I frequently take extra breaks when I'm happy that we're ready for the next walk-in but it pisses me off when people take long breaks and don't do anything when they're in the department anyways.

I really don't want to work in snacks in WIQ. *fingers crossed*