aberdeen-music

Driveblind?

Guest Zeenat Aman

Guest DustyDeviada

Had an email from Dave about a month ago, said they were putting the final touches on "the most eagerly awaited debut album ever" (his words).

Guest Zeenat Aman
Some new material has surfaced on www.myspace.com/driveblind sounds very good. Putting finishing touches to album and single will be out soon I believe. Can't wait.

Ah, cool, I dont think I've heard any of their recordings before...

They sound very pro, but Dave needs to be louder!!! :D

Guest DustyDeviada
Thats the first time I've actually heard them and fuck it they're really' date=' really good. That's certainly the bar for bands in Aberdeen. I cans ee why they're doing so well, good luck to them I say :)

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

Don't really think that any other Aberdeen band can really hope to come close at the moment, considering they are signed to a major label, have a six-figure deal, are being produced by Mike Hedges (Manic Street Preachers, U2 etc).

That said, even without all the fancy production and stuff they were still probably the best band I have ever seen in Aberdeen.

Don't really think that any other Aberdeen band can really hope to come close at the moment' date=' considering they are signed to a major label, have a six-figure deal, are being produced by Mike Hedges (Manic Street Preachers, U2 etc).

That said, even without all the fancy production and stuff they were still probably the best band I have ever seen in Aberdeen.[/quote']

Sounds like something to aim for and it ceratinly proves that it can be done.

Cheers

Stuart

Guest DustyDeviada
the song "the fool rides again" is awesome

i have it on cd somewhere' date=' the band always had great vocals.[/quote']

Yep, Dave's "James Bond" intro is killer.

I always felt that they didn't get the respect they deserved on here, probably cause they were never bothered about being part of "the scene", played non sceney venues etc. Even now people get sniffy about them and say they haven't "made it" because they don't have a record out yet.

True, but those guys are living in LA, playing regular gigs on Sunset Strip etc, not stuck in Aberdeen in the pishing rain, so who's the cunt?

Guest Zeenat Aman

All good musicians and they do their thing well, whether you like their music is a different matter.

They are in the process of achieving what the majority of unsigned bands only dream of.