aberdeen-music

Holy Shit!!! Check out this band...

unbroken

Just look at their influences....

Fucking hell...

Mastodon, Meshuggah, The Black Dahlia Murder, Killswitch Engage, Isis, Explosions In The Sky, The Acacia Strain, Aped Bi Sapien, Mogwai, Cult Of Luna, Everytime I Die, Mare, Cephalic Carnage, Botch, Decapitated, Pelican, Ion Dissonance, Deftones.

From Britain too....

\m/

www.myspace.com/architects666

xXscottXx

Apparently, Olli from Johnny Truant goes to their practices, they will present an idea to him, he will then take that idea home and change it, and that is how they write the songs. Cheating bastards, although, they are totally quality...

They are only like 16-18 years old....

Awesome

Guest Nikola Tesla

Decent song. It doesn't get too boring like most of the new 'crazy' metalcore bands which is a plus. The vocals are okay although if they were a bit more shouty (ie Botch like) they would be ace.

Where do you peoiple hear the hardcore in there...?

There is NO hardcore in this bands music at all' date=' they are just a medern metal band...[/quote']

Dunno man, just the "metalcore" kind of vox I dont like. Argh, Im crap at defining genres, there are too many these days. Maybe there should be 3 genres in total-

1) Good music

2) Bad music

3) Emo :D

they sound like envy at times

but then they sounds metalcore too' date=' those cheesy guitar buits and machine gun drum bits ensure this[/quote']

I really hope you are being sarcastic...

Because that has old skool metal written all over it...

But I agree with you, it does have an Envy edge to it...

Envy are awesome...

I still have to pick up their old record at some point....

Guest stuartmaxwell

not sarcastic.

they sound like a lot like my minds weapon excpet they dont have shite monotone singing

you cant describe this as "metal" and its def not old skool. maybe i dont know much about the genre but this does have metalcore written all over it. but i suppose you are immersed in this stuff and can categorise what i see to be similar stuff.

the "please dont bully me" vocals, drums do metalcore though-double kick intros into each bar, then the relentless double kick at one point where the guitars go medlic, then the breakdowns- discordant guitar with the same open note (like every breakdown ever). these chords at the breakdown are modern day metal core to a t - like many other bands in the same genre

its not a bad song though, not great, but not bad. and i still think it sounds like my mates watering can. i think the same about them too, maybe i just dont get it

Fair dos, but I just don't see how people can class that as Metalcore as there is actually no hardcore in their at all...

The way I see it is, having a beatdown in your track doesn't make it hardcore. Look at Machine Head or Pantera....

Just a modern metal band in my opinion...

Fair dos' date=' but I just don't see how people can class that as Metalcore as there is actually no hardcore in their at all...

The way I see it is, having a beatdown in your track doesn't make it hardcore. Look at Machine Head or Pantera....

Just a modern metal band in my opinion...[/quote']yeah, but Scott, Metalcore no longer has to do with hardcore. modern day metal as you described is basicaly what is called metalcore nowadays.

Half the fuckign metalcore bands out there have little or NO elements of proper hardcore in them.

yeah' date=' but Scott, Metalcore no longer has to do with hardcore. modern day metal as you described is basicaly what is called metalcore nowadays.

Half the fuckign metalcore bands out there have little or NO elements of proper hardcore in them.[/quote']

exactly, so they are just metal bands...right...?

exactly' date=' so they are just metal bands...right...?[/quote']pretty much. though, what does it really matter. its a fucking word.

and when people say something like "the vocals are too hardcore for me" they probably mean they're probably too harsh and aggressive for their liking, not necessariuly that thewy're too "HXC" for them.

I kinda like the song, but not all that much. I'm not gonna sya "its too metalcore" or "its too ______" I'm just gonna say, I like it, but not all that much.