aberdeen-music

Aberdeen University Rector

Snowball

Guest Gasss

I wanted to nominate Stuart Braithwaite as rector in 1998 but it never really got off the ground. Now, I would vote for Maxi.

What happened to the union before it closed? It always used to be packed every night. :down:

There's a new union now anyway, where Bar Pivo used to be.

What happened to it? Awful management who didn't have a fucking clue. The university should've stepped in before they ran up such huge debts, though. The stupidity of the old place became apparent when they wouldn't you in if you were under 18 on friday/saturday nights, but they had no problem with letting underagers in on thursdays - which coincidentally were the best and busiest nights :|

Guest Gasss

That's a real shame. I think that towards the end of my student life, more glitzy bars were opening on Belmont Street which must have put some pressure on the union. I always preferred the old Wild Boar anyway. It was dirty and sold cakes. The new one is shiny with no cakes. Ikaruga does not like this.

Isn't Pivo quite small? really small? even with the upstairs pool "hall".

That's a real shame. I think that towards the end of my student life' date=' more glitzy bars were opening on Belmont Street which must have put some pressure on the union. I always preferred the old Wild Boar anyway. It was dirty and sold cakes. The new one is shiny with no cakes. Ikaruga does not like this.

Isn't Pivo quite small? really small? even with the upstairs pool "hall".[/quote']

Nah, Pivo's alright. Much smaller than any union should be, but not a bad place for a union while we have no proper one.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
hmmm

maybe i should go for it?

i will abolish rugby and expell the people who play it/hang onto it

You have my full support also. When I was at Aberdeen University, from 1998-2001, the place was liberally festooned with fucking "rugbyshirts".

i will abolish rugby and expell the people who play it/hang onto it

that would get my vote...as long as you also ban aberdeen uni hoodies,they're just as bad if not worse than rugby shirts.

it would also be good to ban 9 o clock lectures,there's nothing worse than dragging yourself hungover out of bed to rush in to a lecture and sit and listen to someone drone on in monotone and promptly be sent back to sleep again.waste.