aberdeen-music

Which big band?

Guest Bob

Hey, I was thinking about this today for bio purposes and the like and I wasn't really sure what to put. Which big bands do Stayover sound like the most?

Thanks for the help.

Guest Ancient Mariner

I don't know, I'd ask my grandad, but he's dead. I believe the 40s and 50s were the glory days of the big band style, until pop came along and took over. I've not heard Stayover, but I can't imagine that a "power trio" can achieve the same sound as a dozen brass players

I don't know' date=' I'd ask my grandad, but he's dead. I believe the 40s and 50s were the glory days of the big band style, until pop came along and took over. I've not heard Stayover, but I can't imagine that a "power trio" can achieve the same sound as a dozen brass players[/quote']

Wow, clever.

Blink 182 and Busted? How about this?

"Stayover, a blend of Busted and music"

Sorry, but there is set list of terms used in musical discussion, and you have abused this one. You should have said "established band"

Don't be sorry, just don't be a prat either. The Bash Street Kids are an established band if you're going to be pedantic. So really, by your reckoning, I should have said "Which globally recognised band do Stayover most sound like."

Happy?

Guest Ancient Mariner
Don't be sorry' date=' just don't be a prat either. The Bash Street Kids are an established band if you're going to be pedantic. So really, by your reckoning, I [i']should have said "Which globally recognised band do Stayover most sound like."

Happy?

Yes. Please respect the big band tradition in future :rockon:

Blink 182 and Busted? How about this?

"Stayover' date=' a blend of Busted and music"

Don't be sorry, just don't be a prat either. The Bash Street Kids are an established band if you're going to be pedantic. So really, by your reckoning, I [i']should have said "Which globally recognised band do Stayover most sound like."

Happy?

haha, you get a point for taking the Busted comment on the cheek... well done!