000D9E82-2AE4-1074-A1DA80BFB6FA00CE.jpg

who is similar to this creature:

weasel,%20long-tailed.jpg

or (last of the major parties)

CharlesKennedy2-wider-50.jpg

who reminds me of this useless lump:

_414837_blobby150.jpg

who is the best of this bad bunch??

i really don't know and i cant help but think a vote for someone else is a wasted vote.

Im not voting but if i were' date=' it certiny wouldnt be Blair or Howard![/quote']

Well thank god for that. It would be terrible if you used the tools that democracy gives you as an individual to make a statement about how well you feel said politicians have been representing you.

I find it a bit weird that someone that lists amongst their interests "keeping upto date with the latest news" doesn't feel strongly enough one way or the other to make the effort to potentially effect change in their country.

But then I don't suppose one vote, or the votes of the hundreds of thousands, probably millions that feel the same can change anything...

Well thank god for that. It would be terrible if you used the tools that democracy gives you as an individual to make a statement about how well you feel said politicians have been representing you.

I find it a bit weird that someone that lists amongst their interests "keeping upto date with the latest news" doesn't feel strongly enough one way or the other to make the effort to potentially effect change in their country.

But then I don't suppose one vote' date=' or the votes of the hundreds of thousands, probably millions that feel the same can change anything...[/quote']

That's assuming he/she is eligible to vote.

Something they said on Neighbours a few days ago ("you've gotta vote, it's democracy" or something) made me think about the Australian system, where voting is compulsory and you get a fine if you don't have a good reason for not voting. I remember at school Mr Ewan (RIP, bless his soul) used to ask us if we thought we should have that here, and I think everyone (myself included) said "yes, of course". But then, is that really democracy? Surely one of the choices you should have is to just not vote at all? In fact, shouldn't "none" be an option on the voting slip? But then what if "none" won? Would we progress towards anarchy, in the true sense of the word? Yes, quite.

But anyway, that said, people who complain about political issues but didn't bother to get off their arses to go down to the polling office on election day have no right to complain. Especially now that postal votes are so frighteningly easy to get.

Something they said on Neighbours a few days ago ("you've gotta vote' date=' it's democracy" or something) made me think about the Australian system, where voting is compulsory and you get a fine if you don't have a good reason for not voting. [/quote']

Haha, it's sad that I picked up on that statement too and also pondered on it.

I'll be voting for the SNP.

Guest tv tanned
But anyway' date=' that said, people who complain about political issues but didn't bother to get off their arses to go down to the polling office on election day have no right to complain. Especially now that postal votes are so frighteningly easy to get.[/quote']

Yes, and you don't even have to fill your postal vote in these days.

Those nice men from the Labour Party will do it for you... :(

SNP for me.

Guest tv tanned
Dont get me wrong I would vote if i could but i am not registerd to vote down here in England. I am registerd in Scotland' date=' and i am not going all the way back up just to vote![/quote']

arrange for a proxy vote, although it may be too late.

call the electoral registration officer at woodhill house.

their number will be at www.aberdeenshire.gov.uk somewhere

Yes' date=' and you don't even have to fill your postal vote in these days.

Those nice men from the Labour Party will do it for you... :(

SNP for me.[/quote']

See, I'm an SNP man, but in my consituency as the Lib Dem leaflet ALWAYS tells us, "only Anne Begg or Liberal Democrats can win this seat," so I'm leaning towards the Lib Dems, because if nothing else I think Britain would benefit from having three properly main parties. It's a bit shit that their main way of getting a vote is basically by saying "vote for us because at least we're not Labour", but then such negativity pretty much describes the reasons for the majority of people's votes.

I resent the Scottish Lib Dems for going back on everything they promised as soon as Labour dangled a bit of power in front of them, but I figure this is more a vote for Charles Kennedy rather than Jim Wallace. However, I'll see what other minor parties there are when I get to the polling booth before deciding.

don't vote snp' date=' their party members bring JD round to your house, get you pissed and try and convince you to vote for them when you're too inebriated to understand anything. and they do this while you're trying to watch Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and make you miss all of it. the bastards. ;)[/quote']

Why is this not in the manifestos? Surely they'd get the entire student vote instantly? "Fuck student fees, we'll give you free alcohol."

Guest tv tanned
don't vote snp' date=' their party members bring JD round to your house, get you pissed and try and convince you to vote for them when you're too inebriated to understand anything. and they do this while you're trying to watch Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and make you miss all of it. the bastards. ;)[/quote']

Bah, you speak nonsense. We saw all the best bits of that film.